News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of gloom and doom this Halloween about Rob's prognosis, but I bet he's already plotting his 2018 comeback. With extreme prejudice. That sort of thinking is what keeps many sick people from throwing in the towel.

I believe he said he was given a 50-50 chance. That always means bad luck for the other guy.

I don't know if they still do it, but do doctors still tell their patients, "What is hopeless today, might be curable on Wednesday." ?

Or, was that just in the movies?

Remember the 50/50 thing is only for surviving 5 years. His tumour hasn't changed in size after 2 rounds of chemo, so they can't operate. I wonder if they plan on changing the chemo cocktail? In my non-professional opinion, I think Rob is in very big trouble.

Really, with how public his past criminal record is?

Was he ever convicted?

2) Randy wears the black hat. Everyone knows about Rob and Doug Ford, but less is known about their older brother Randy. He's not one for politics, and the few times he's been seen in public, he's always worn a black cowboy hat, looking a lot like a Twin Peaks character. The black hat became a problem in a photo-op during the 2010 municipal campaign, as Ford operatives tried to convince him to take it off for a press conference. Randy initially resisted, saying he only took it off in the shower and in bed, but eventually relented. The black hat is also something of a metaphor, as Randy was arrested 17 times by age 33, including for assault, theft and stealing a motorcycle.
http://thetyee.ca/Books/2014/02/03/RobFordCrazyTown/

Dougie ran for mayor:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=all

And MINO Rob, well...

I can see them re-running Mikey for Ward 2, but mayor...?

Last edited:
My money is on Randy. He was busting a move in his cowboy hat and boots at the Woodbine Centre, even after his kid brother Doug lost.

I'm not sure that translates to popular appeal or political savvy. He seems like the least urban(e) of the brothers and it's not just the hat. Does anyone know if he lives with/near the others?

Sounds like one of them is someone I've seen here and there online. Just out of curiosity, is one of them originally from South America?

No, not these two. I don't think they're online or forum type people.

I do know another gay couple where one of them is from South America though. Haven't had a chance to talk city politics with them. After last night's experience, not sure if I want to!:) I just assumed, given the homophobia flying around FoFam, that their position would be a given. Apparently not! I have to learn to bite my tongue in the future!:)

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=200288

The decline of Ford Nation across Toronto.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 11m11 minutes ago
After he told the Sun's Warmington his tumour has not shrunk and he has pneumonia, Mayor Rob Ford has been seen at city hall this afternoon.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m2 minutes ago
Not clear if Ford will speak to reporters. Chief of staff Dan Jacobs said he will let us know. So, we wait.

https://twitter.com/jpags/status/528258233195315200

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 58s58 seconds ago
"Holy. Must be a slow news day," Ford says. Pulls out his doctor notes. Said unfortunately his tumour has not shrunk

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 36s37 seconds ago
Ford says he goes back for chemo on Monday. "I hope I will be," Ford says about whether he will be well enough for the swearing-in ceremony
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m1 minute ago
Ford says he was congratulating councillors. Struggles to remember Joe Cressy's name. Says he joked about not being as nice at council.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to talk city politics with them. After last night's experience, not sure if I want to!:)

I guess that's one reason why they say you shouldn't talk politics (or religion) at the dinner table ... you find things out that you end up wishing you didn't know about people.

And on that note, I recently found out that a guy I know and who I assumed was moderately left-leaning actually voted for Ford back in 2010, while his wife voted for Pantalone. They're separated now ...

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m1 minute ago
"He's thinking about running, that's no secret," Ford on brother Doug & provincial politics. "Leadership? I think he has a great shot at it"

He also predicted that Doug would get 45% of the vote and win.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 15s15 seconds ago
Ford congratulates mayor-elect Tory. Haven't talked yet. "I look forward to working with him." Says wants garbage contracted out right away.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 20s20 seconds ago
"Deputy mayor would be a good position," Ford says. Willing to work whatever role Tory might have for him. Says first concern is health.
Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 23s23 seconds ago
Mayor Ford says it will be up to John Tory what committee gets on. If I get on, I get on, he says. #topoli.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 21s21 seconds ago
"It will definitely be remembered," put it that way, Mayor Rob Ford says laughing when asked how people will remember his mayoralty.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 17s18 seconds ago
Ford says 2018 is a long time away. Says if he plans on running for mayor again he will give us plenty of notice.

Last edited:
I guess that's one reason why they say you shouldn't talk politics (or religion) at the dinner table ... you find things out that you end up wishing you didn't know about people.

That's why it is not uncommon on various gay apps to see variations of "No Republicans" in profiles. Not that difficult to do the same with regards to FN.

He also predicted that Doug would get 45% of the vote and win.

It was ridiculous before, now he just looks pathetic in a way that only disposed politicians/rulers could. It's like one living in the bubble of presumed adoration, then woke up one day and realize that the majority of the population couldn't give a s**t and just wanted you gone.

AoD

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/annhui/status/528262007045488640

Wow, shaking hands with a reporter while he has "pneumonia" and needs more chemo...

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 20s21 seconds ago
Rob Ford on his cancer: "Unfortunately we're back to square one. So I have to go for another at least 3-5 rounds of chemo"
Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 19s20 seconds ago
"My first concern is my health. I have to get my health straightened out." Mayor says.

He still ran and won in Ward 2...

Last edited:

And on that note, I recently found out that a guy I know and who I assumed was moderately left-leaning actually voted for Ford back in 2010, while his wife voted for Pantalone. They're separated now ...

True dat! I was so disgusted I ended up walking home instead of riding back in their car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back