I say rip out the support pillars too. Everything must go.

This will be the first time most commuters will have ever seen the VIA concourse.

you do realize that a significant number of the tracks board from the via concourse .....i can't remember the last time i was in the GO concourse actually.......oops, cut through it last week on way to the ACC

my understanding is that most will be routed through the VIA concourse and the area under the main groundlevel entrance where the TTC accessible ramp is today. There will be a few weeks with both concourses open to allow people to adjust to the new concourse, and then the old one will close and people will be sent over to the new one while the old one gets replaced. Overall expect a bit of a bottleneck by the TTC entrance (probably no worse than what exists today), and a lot more people walking above ground to avoid it.
That explains part of the rush on the surface, too. They look like they're going to finish Front Street and the sidewalks, just as York opens.

The train tracks are self supporting. They're all connected.

Uhhh, no they're not. That's why if you have been following the dig-down, they've had to brace and temporarily support every single footing as they've lengthened them.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Uhhh, no they're not. That's why if you have been following the dig-down, they've had to brace and temporarily support every single footing as they've lengthened them.

That's what they want you to think they did. Actually they spent the money on hookers and champagne.

Honestly, can't people recognize a joke when they see it :confused:

That explains part of the rush on the surface, too. They look like they're going to finish Front Street and the sidewalks, just as York opens.

A passageway from the VIA concourse to the York concourse is now opened up down at the south-west corner of the VIA concourse, just north of the stairs to platforms 24 and 25. They were doing tiling on the weekend. The handrails appear to be made of iron pipe, like that used for natural gas in houses, hopefully they're not the final finish. The passage has multiple doors on the north side that presumably lead into the York concourse.

A passageway from the VIA concourse to the York concourse is now opened up down at the south-west corner of the VIA concourse, just north of the stairs to platforms 24 and 25. They were doing tiling on the weekend. The handrails appear to be made of iron pipe, like that used for natural gas in houses, hopefully they're not the final finish. The passage has multiple doors on the north side that presumably lead into the York concourse.

It's been mentioned here already. Are you saying it's open to the public already?

That's what they want you to think they did. Actually they spent the money on hookers and champagne.

Honestly, can't people recognize a joke when they see it :confused:

I'd rather start my own project. With hookers. And blackjack.

In all seriousness, it is rather hard to get the sentiment of a post if you don't know the posters personally, or they fail to include a more obvious method of pointing out their joke.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

They're beginning to take down the scaffolding in front of Union Station

aRhKikU.jpg

NwBgvaj.jpg

J9P8MUx.jpg

3ElYckT.jpg

yjKb7M2.jpg

Not having the paving flush with the actual building (Royal York) just looks cheap and unfinished.

AoD

How could you expect anything less than subpar detailing. The same is true of what happened on Bloor St. It is apparent that 'good enough' is what we strive to achieve.

Not having the paving flush with the actual building (Royal York) just looks cheap and unfinished.

AoD
I see your point but one could also argue that the concrete along the building face "frames" the sidewalk. Where this frame is narrow it actually looks fine to me.

Back