Not sure if this is best place for this request but I've been across the many threads here on UT and can't seem to find a recent pic in the last week or so on how Front Street is looking in front of Union Station. Would love an updated picture or two. That pic above (post #1294) is a big tease. Want more. :)

Not sure if this is best place for this request but I've been across the many threads here on UT and can't seem to find a recent pic in the last week or so on how Front Street is looking in front of Union Station. Would love an updated picture or two. That pic above (post #1294) is a big tease. Want more. :)

It looks much the same though they are busily laying blocks/bricks on the north side from York to the Royal York entrance doors - which remain closed.

Could someone post on the plan of the finished project where this section will be? Thanks!

The new corridor from the VIA concourse is marked with a red rectangle

attachment.php

Attachments

• unionstationnewcorridor.jpg
    unionstationnewcorridor.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 2,717
That's quite the massive increase in GO concourse space. About triple the square footage it was before the revitalization.

Which we need for all the increased 15-minute Metrolinx services (electrified GO trains, SmartTrack, UP, etc).

Currently they're working on the concrete portion of the sidewalk right in front of the Royal York entrance. The road right in front of the hotel entrance is already done and is looking great. Eventually they'll be working on the granite portion on the north side of the road (the south is mostly finished but behind fencing), then later on the concrete portion on the Bay Street side. On the bay street side the area is still dug up and it looks like they're still working on utilities.

Taken on my way to work:

eQfok2D.jpg

3X3LgjH.jpg

s0PzbdM.jpg

dbAF6M6.jpg

ETVvoB4.jpg

4Hl4A2D.jpg

Just posted as part of the Metrolinx board meeting agenda for this week:

The City of Toronto will turn York Concourse over to Metrolinx by the end of the month, and GO will begin operations from it sometime in "early 2015".

Taken 9 December 2014.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,746
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,729
Taken 9 December 2014.
These images show up sideways in Chrome on Windows. (ouch, my neck)
These images show correct in Safari on iPad. (happy happy)

I think rotational information is stored in the EXIF data section of the JPEG file. Some viewers automatically correct the rotation of images based on that. Different browsers handle those situations differently, ugh. Time for a new web standarization mandating consistency across web browsers for EXIF-accelerometer-rotational-data embedded in JPEG files. (must post in some other geek forum)

These images show up sideways in Chrome on Windows. (ouch, my neck)
These images show correct in Safari on iPad. (happy happy)

I think rotational information is stored in the EXIF data section of the JPEG file. Some viewers automatically correct the rotation of images based on that. Different browsers handle those situations differently, ugh. Time for a new web standarization mandating consistency across web browsers for EXIF-accelerometer-rotational-data embedded in JPEG files. (must post in some other geek forum)
Or people could just learn how to post images properly :)

Back