News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't bother me.

https://twitter.com/siomo/status/570999044383899648

On where the other 90% of proceeds of Rob Ford's auctions are going #TOPoli

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 13m13 minutes ago
It got awkward when cameraman suggests "the pipe." Ford: "No. Anyways. That's it. Thanks a lot."

Well played, cameraman!

ETA: Saw the clip of Rob and he had the "sick" voice on again."

Jonathan GoldsbieVerified account
‏@goldsbie
Meanwhile, one of Rob Ford's former chiefs of staff has apparently become exec. director of the Ontario Liberals: https://twitter.com/mtmdiamond/status/571064369418784768

Wow, to the Liberals...

Last edited:
So when Rob gets back he finds out whether he'll live or die. I can't imagine how that feels! If the tumour hasn't shrunk enough would they start more chemo or is there only so much you can give someone?

So when Rob gets back he finds out whether he'll live or die. I can't imagine how that feels! If the tumour hasn't shrunk enough would they start more chemo or is there only so much you can give someone?

It'd move into palliative care and extending and giving comfort to whatever life he has left. So, I suppose it'd depend on how traumatic the chemo was for him. If he could deal with it and it was keeping the tumour from growing (but not shrinking), they might keep up with it, I suppose.

The only thing I know is I wouldn't take his word for whatever it is he says.

It'd move into palliative care and extending and giving comfort to whatever life he has left. So, I suppose it'd depend on how traumatic the chemo was for him. If he could deal with it and it was keeping the tumour from growing (but not shrinking), they might keep up with it, I suppose.

IIRC, JGhali once commented that Rob's docs could also remove as much of the tumour as possible ("de-bulk" it), the goal being to turn back the clock on the progress of the disease. But from what I've read, if they can't get all of the cancer, including cells in surrounding tissue they can't detect, Rob will be dealing with his cancer for the rest of his life, however long that may be. (Caveat: Of course, I have no special medical knowledge.)

So Ford initially said it would be 10% of proceeds to charity and the rest was not determined yet, and now Graeme is claiming (angrily, of course) it was always going to be 10% to a lipoma charity and the rest to as yet undetermined charities ... this sound suspicious to anyone else?

Provost was a Liberal pre-Ford and during his tenure with Ford, so it's no surprise he's working with them now.

I didn't really pay much attention to this stuff before 2013, so please forgive my ignorance. The crack scandal got me into city politics.

Ontario Securities Commission slaps permanent ban on Conrad Black

From The Star, at this link:

The country’s premier stock market regulator determined that Black’s conduct was “sufficiently abusive,” and barred him from acting as officer, director, investment fund manager, or promoter for companies that issues shares to the public in Ontario.

While this means Conrad Black cannot sit on the board of public companies, he could sit on boards of private companies. Like Deco Labels & Tags, the Ford's private family business. File away for reference.

So Ford initially said it would be 10% of proceeds to charity and the rest was not determined yet, and now Graeme is claiming (angrily, of course) it was always going to be 10% to a lipoma charity and the rest to as yet undetermined charities ... this sound suspicious to anyone else?

Make sh*t up as one goes along, that's always been the mantra of his worship hasn't it?

From 2013:

I’d be a Republican if I was down in the states. So I don’t believe in all this public-funded health care, because we gotta pay for it.

We can’t afford it. What you guys are doing down there, I just, I can’t get my head around it because it’s costing a fortune, and I don’t know where you guys are going to find the money, except for the taxpayers pockets.

And I think people are taxed to death, and I don’t mind two-tier health care; if you want health care, you pay for it. I understand that. We have general health care up here, or OHIP we call it, but, you know, it’s gonna cost a fortune for you guys to put in this Obamacare, and I just don’t see how the people are going to be able to afford it, to tell you the truth.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...ses-publicly-funded-healthcare-194317264.html

Excuse me, I don't call multiple courses of chemotherapy and radiation therapy at one of the premier cancer centres in the world "general healthcare". It's freaking tertiary/quaternary care he is getting. He should just take his own medicine (i.e. ganja) and FOAD.

AoD

Last edited:
Yeah, he should pay for his cancer treatment.

Perhaps he should find out how much it would cost him to get treated at MD Anderson, Dana Farber, Sloan Kettering, etc. before he open his trap ever again about healthcare.

Oh I forgot, he can't get into the States. Silly me.

AoD

Last edited:
Excuse me, I don't call multiple courses of chemotherapy and radiation therapy at one of the premier cancer centres in the world "general healthcare". It's freaking tertiary/quaternary care he is getting. He should just take his own medicine (i.e. ganja) and FOAD.

AoD

Speaking of herb, I watched a video of Ford's latest scrum on the National Post website. It reminded me of his "I like sharks" commentary at the opening of the Ripley's aquarium. What's the consensus: is dude high?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/0...o-smoking-crack-in-one-of-my-drunken-stupors/

A sitting politician who plays "coy" when a reporter suggests he auction off his personal crack pipe... dude is still high most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back