News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

- Introduction of route 26 Mount Pleasant (even if it is rush hours only, on a ridiculous one-way route) starts to clean up the routing in northwest Brampton for further growth.
- Route 23 rerouting and route 21 becoming a proper two way loop, realigning and cleaning up Southlake/Conestoga routings.

Dislikes:
- A subtle move away from clockface schedules on several routes. The 505's schedule is a bit messy (not to mention I don't like service ending at 7PM, needs to continue to at least 10PM).
- No late night/weekend service improvements. 45 minute evening service persists on routes 23 and 29 for example. Route 502 needs 15 minute service on Saturday and evenings.
- With 4/A and 15/A branches now in middays (and 4A on Saturdays) each branch has a lousy 40 minute service off peak. Bramalea Road between Derry and the GO Station goes from every 30 off peak weekdays to every 40.

I wonder why they would kill the connection to Derry.

42 Derry is a very busy route now. The ridership has skyrocketed in the past decade. I assumed it was because of Brampton Transit ridership increase. I thought most riders of the 42 are from Brampton. But obviously I thought wrong.

Malton GO has a bus loop too.
It's pitifully small, it's literally just a loop. It'll need major expansion, whereas Bramalea wouldn't.
Regardless, Bramalea is an odd choice, when the Airport makes much more sense - and wasn't that part of the plan in the first place, with a Zum route running down Airport Rd to Pearson?

For the second time in its 4 year life, the Bramalea bus terminal is closed for a two week repair job.

It's bizarre...I mean, what did they do when the built it to require having to replace the catch basins this often?

It's pitifully small, it's literally just a loop. It'll need major expansion, whereas Bramalea wouldn't.
Regardless, Bramalea is an odd choice, when the Airport makes much more sense - and wasn't that part of the plan in the first place, with a Zum route running down Airport Rd to Pearson?

It is smaller than Bramalea...for sure, but could certainly handle a Zum bus every 10 or 15 minutes.

It's bizarre...I mean, what did they do when the built it to require having to replace the catch basins this often?

It would seem that the lowest bid is not always the best bid....but when we focus our hawkeyes on the spending that our politicians do we sometimes force them in that direction (just a guess....I have no interest in going back and researching the bids).

The 505 should connect through Malton Go to the airport & potentially the busway terminal on Renforth. And the LRT on Main should run directly to Brampton Go. Connectivity, network & integrating multiple modes together and all that... A car driver at Steeles & Main wouldn't drive to McLaughlin, up to Queen and then back. If the LRT is to have an impact on car drivership, it shouldn't either. The road can & should be shared by all.

This is a situation where metrolinx needs to step in and say, we have a defined growth node and an identified multi modal, multi transit operator gateway. You will connect to that. It is silly to plan for a reforth gateway and then not connect to it.

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/News/Pages/Media-Release.aspx/95

Media Release

Brampton Transit ridership reflects city’s growth
Wednesday, Feb 18 2015

​BRAMPTON, ON: Whether heading to school, commuting to work, or simply getting around the city: Brampton Transit keeps people moving. In 2014, more than 20.4 million rides were taken on this City service to connect people to work, school, shopping, family and friends – a 5 per cent increase in ridership over 2013.

“Keeping pace with population growth has to be central to how we connect our community. Long-term planning for growth affects everything from bus routes to neighbourhoods to recreation programs,” says Regional Councillor Grant Gibson, Community and Public Services Committee Chair. “That’s why efficient transportation and transit – within, into and through Brampton – is a priority for this City’s economic success.”

Brampton Transit is one of the City’s major investments for good reason: its ridership growth continues to outpace the national average. Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) data shows the percentage increase for Canadian transit ridership in 2013 is 1.27 per cent. (CUTA 2014 data is not yet available.)

Ridership takes into account a full trip as one ride, even though that passenger may transfer to one or two buses to complete their trip. The City’s total 2014 ridership was 20,411,022 passengers.

In 2010, the City launched Züm – its bus rapid transit service – to address the need for improved transportation options in Canada’s fourth-fastest growing city. Due to the City’s partnership with the federal and provincial governments, Züm now has routes along Main, Bovaird, Queen East and Steeles East. Two new Züm routes are coming soon: Steeles West in 2015, and Queen West in 2016.

Visit www.bramptontransit.com for more information.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-JO0wACIAASxEL.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! It'll mean the end of the last Orion VIs. I like the layout of the Xcelsiors, but the LFS model isn't bad.

Back