Moving the last form into place for the 49th level.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 2,188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635.2 KB · Views: 2,204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 2,184
Taken March 8, 2015:

49th floor of One Bloor East revealing itself (as viewed from the south east):

From Sunday

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4026.JPG
    IMG_4026.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,377
  • IMG_4068.JPG
    IMG_4068.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,355
  • IMG_4064.JPG
    IMG_4064.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,369
  • IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,346
  • IMG_3946.JPG
    IMG_3946.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,333
1 Bloor by sunset yesterday evening:

IMG_6513.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpg
    IMG_6513.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 1,198
Taken this evening.

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 8.45.38 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 8.45.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 8.45.38 PM.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 1,029
Ok, now I FINALLY get it (no comments from the peanut gallery) regarding shadowing, all the new condos in these pics now block my spring time afternoon sun. I live on Howard Street (great, well maintained building, cheap rent, but scary neighbourhood), on the 20th floor facing north. At this of the year I would always start seeing the sun hitting my balcony directly (we don't get any sun in the winter), but thanks to X , X2, and the surrounding new towers, I can't see the sun anymore, and won't unitl the sun sets higher in the sky later in the year, totally sucks ass! Once One Bloor is topped out, and if that new red brick proposal on Sherbourne gets built, kiss the sun good bye. What a pisser, if it wasn't for the dirt cheap rent ($1224/mth for an 1150 sq ft 2br, includes all utilities except phone and wifi, even includes parking) So shadow or not, I guess we're staying (we've been here since 2008, current rent for our until goes for $1600 and they're don't include utilities or parking anymore), but it just Hawks me right off, after months of cold dark days, I miss the sunlight on my face as I smoke on my balcony. :cool:

Ok, now I FINALLY get it (no comments from the peanut gallery) regarding shadowing, all the new condos in these pics now block my spring time afternoon sun. I live on Howard Street (great, well maintained building, cheap rent, but scary neighbourhood), on the 20th floor facing north. At this of the year I would always start seeing the sun hitting my balcony directly (we don't get any sun in the winter), but thanks to X , X2, and the surrounding new towers, I can't see the sun anymore, and won't unitl the sun sets higher in the sky later in the year, totally sucks ass! Once One Bloor is topped out, and if that new red brick proposal on Sherbourne gets built, kiss the sun good bye. What a pisser, if it wasn't for the dirt cheap rent ($1224/mth for an 1150 sq ft 2br, includes all utilities except phone and wifi, even includes parking) So shadow or not, I guess we're staying (we've been here since 2008, current rent for our until goes for $1600 and they're don't include utilities or parking anymore), but it just Hawks me right off, after months of cold dark days, I miss the sunlight on my face as I smoke on my balcony. :cool:
Haha I live across the street from 1 Bloor East with a west view and still get the blinding sunlight in the afternoon. When it was -20 and really sunny, I could tan in my apartment with the amount of sun coming in. Once 1 Bloor West, 1 Yorkville, and 8 Cumberland go up, I'll be surrounded by buildings in all directions and will miss the sunlight :(. But I guess that's expected when you live in the middle of a big city.

Last edited:
You can see 1 Bloor from Eglinton and Allen Road now. It appears as tall as Uptown Condos, and taller than 2 Bloor West (CIBC).

Back