*Cross-Post from Yorkville Retail thread*:

Retail-Insider has a story up on the retail in 1 Bloor East.

Nike, Scotiabank, Mango, and Avant (gym)
Scotiabank right at corner of Yonge and Bloor will be a corner killer. Nike and Mango should’ve been there instead. Scotia was more suitable east of Bloor near the Cafe Landwer

Scotiabank right at corner of Yonge and Bloor will be a corner killer. Nike and Mango should’ve been there instead. Scotia was more suitable east of Bloor near the Cafe Landwer

I'm baffled by the choice and siting of tenants here.............

Not what I would have done.

Yeah I dont get it, i'm sure Fox Group would've paid the premium to secure that corner unit. The choice to locate Scotiabank there is really odd and it's very strange why First Capital did that.

It's good to see Nike back on Bloor, albeit it's not the same old Nike as we would think that was on Bloor closer to Bay back in the 2000's. That store really brought the goods, while this one i'm not really expecting that same level out of.

Yeah I dont get it, i'm sure Fox Group would've paid the premium to secure that corner unit. The choice to locate Scotiabank there is really odd and it's very strange why First Capital did that.

It's good to see Nike back on Bloor, albeit it's not the same old Nike as we would think that was on Bloor closer to Bay back in the 2000's. That store really brought the goods, while this one i'm not really expecting that same level out of.
It was the only official Nike space in the City. The ones that started to appear in malls were just franchisees whereas the one in 110 Bloor West was an official Nike flagship. An early Hariri Pontarini commission too!

This is what First Capital REIT is proud to bring to Canada’s most prominent corner and prestigious retail street. A soul-killing Scotiabank branch.

I don’t even buy the argument that only a bank could afford to pay for the high rent for this corner. I’m sure there are plenty of brands dying for that corner. This is just lack of vision and leadership. No pride for your own property or the city you own the property in. So sad

IMG_9743.jpeg

IMG_9744.jpeg

This is what First Capital REIT is proud to bring to Canada’s most prominent corner and prestigious retail street. A soul-killing Scotiabank branch.

I don’t even buy the argument that only a bank could afford to pay for the high rent for this corner. I’m sure there are plenty of brands dying for that corner. This is just lack of vision and leadership. No pride for your own property or the city you own the property in. So sad

View attachment 544799

View attachment 544800

Notice something else about this render?

What do they show is on the second floor?

That's right, they were too cheap to update the render to reflect their new 2nd floor tenant!

It was the only official Nike space in the City. The ones that started to appear in malls were just franchisees whereas the one in 110 Bloor West was an official Nike flagship. An early Hariri Pontarini commission too!
You're right on point! I wish I had pictures of the space myself, but I was able to dig up some pictures and info of 110 Bloor West when Nike was the tenant. Pictures really dont give the space justice.

People who had the chance to check out that store back in the day would be pretty disappointed with the Nike stores we see in the city today, they dont even compare. Although i'm curious to see what the Nike space here will look, I know it likely wont be anything like the gem we once had on Bloor.

The way things are going we might get a flagship TD or BMO branch at the formerly planned Apple Store at The One - why not, a bank at every corner of Yonge & Bloor? (CIBC and RBC are already at the northeast and northwest corners) :rolleyes:

The way things are going we might get a flagship TD or BMO branch at the formerly planned Apple Store at The One - why not, a bank at every corner of Yonge & Bloor? (CIBC and RBC are already at the northeast and northwest corners) :rolleyes:
Don't forget about the National Bank of Canada too!

Back