attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,525
Given how much more the retail is valued at over the tower, I wonder if Mizrahi is able to purchase the H&M and Scotiabank if he would just extend the podium and have only extra retail or if he would then build a second tower?

Given how much more the retail is valued at over the tower, I wonder if Mizrahi is able to purchase the H&M and Scotiabank if he would just extend the podium and have only extra retail or if he would then build a second tower?

If he acquired those two sites and just extend the retail podium, it would have lowered the overall density of the site and addressed one of the main concerns. It would also allow for something more elegant than an abrupt wall to the development, which looks rather awkward. I hope he succeed in the task. Hopefully it will enable a redesign of the tower access as well - the current elevator shaft looks mightily awkward.

And for all the luxe of this proposed development - I don't recall seeing any swimming pool in the plans - perhaps that's something to be rectified as well.

AoD

There will be an indoor pool in one of the amenity levels

I'd rather that he doesn't get the H&M and Scotiabank properties. That parcel would be big enough to support another development on its own. We'll get a better streetscape in the end if it's developed as two separate buildings as opposed to one large one.

pre-lim report: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.TE6.29

768 Yonge now part of application. Are they going to try to slide Hue's over there? Either that or they are trying to lower the density to make it more palatable for the city.

The staff report is surprisingly positive, and doesn't follow the usual mantra of being too tall and dense. It's balanced and reads exactly how a staff report should read. What is behind the change in tone from the planning department?

The staff report is surprisingly positive, and doesn't follow the usual mantra of being too tall and dense. It's balanced and reads exactly how a staff report should read. What is behind the change in tone from the planning department?

KWT is on her way out and too busy planning for a ward 27 retirement party.

The site is right across the street from a proposal that is approved at a broadly similar scale and density - and this is a preliminary report at that. It isn't all that different from most staff reports in any case.

KWT is on her way out and too busy planning for a ward 27 retirement party.

Haha, yeah unlike you know who ranting on about Humbertown.

AoD

Last edited:

Back