News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perks is intimating that they are going to try and vote nunziata out of the chair?

Lovely thought, but I wonder if he's just doing some leg-pulling over Shelley Caroll standing in as speaker for a few minutes. Not sure he'd be tweeting if a real coup was in the air.

Col. Flagg sez:

REBEL COLUMN UPDATE: For the first time ever, I've been "fact-checked"! TorStar writer and twitter gadfly Matt Elliott, aka "Graphic Matt", rushed a rebuttal piece to my Monday The Rebel post that exposed a $7.2 billion hike over the next four years under the Tory administration. Matt's rebuttal was spurred on when Rob Ford's office e-mailed my Rebel post out to his entire distribution list on Tuesday afternoon.

Elliott correctly points out that the $11.5 billion 2015 City of Toronto Operating Budget figure I quoted included what has been in the past referred to as the "Rate-Supported Budget" - which, under Ford, was the not-for-profit, revenue-neutral provision of garbage, water, and parking services to the people of Toronto. In the Ford years, neither the city nor the media considered this part of what was referred to in colloquial terms as the Operating Budget.

Starting with John Tory's first budget passed in March 2015, for some reason they have folded this amount in with the rest of the budget, making the budgetary increase appear larger in absolute dollar terms than I reported in the story. Elliott dismisses this confusion as an "election year quirk", but this is not a valid explanation. Election year or not, the two numbers could have been reported separately according to custom, with no compelling reason at all why not. Elliott's explanation does not hold water, and struck me as a smokescreen to hide the truth.

Thinking it through, it appears that Graphic Matt has unwittingly exposed a significant policy change at the City of Toronto under John Tory, that perhaps they were trying to hide. The end result of the way the city has reported the 2015 operating budget is this: going forward, your water usage and your garbage usage are heretofore to be considered CITY GOVERNMENT EXPENSES instead of SERVICES RENDERED AT COST. The implications of this are ugly for the taxpayer: reduced transparency regarding costs and revenues of these services; a higher absolute budget baseline from which to work from for future years' spending increases; and the pretext from which to begin rationing our water and garbage usage in the name of "austerity" and "conservation" when they feel the time is right.

I'm working on this topic as a column for The Rebel. Leave your thoughts and comments on this topic below. In the meantime, here's the link to his TorStar piece that shows how very, very touchy TorStar is to protect the agenda of its crony-corporatist Liberal Uber-Mayor, John Tory.

-Neil

Original article: http://www.therebel.media/_7_2_billion_reasons_why_toronto_should_be_missing_rob_ford
Fact checking article: http://metronews.ca/voices/torys-to...e-false-budget-rob-ford-sent-to-constituents/

All due respect, Vid, but I think you're being melodramatic. YMMV.

You have watched a council meeting, right? :D

It all Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh My! Or according to Dougie, in opposition, it's all "Kumbaya".

Oh... it's like cancer, right?

reporterdonpeat 6:16pm via Twitter Web Client
Cllr Vince Crisanti tries to get council to wish Rob Ford well in his surgery & then councillors inform him they did that on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Oh... it's like cancer, right?

reporterdonpeat 6:16pm via Twitter Web Client
Cllr Vince Crisanti tries to get council to wish Rob Ford well in his surgery & then councillors inform him they did that on Tuesday.

I wonder if Crisanti was in council Tuesday when this happened. I am quite surprised at how often councillors aren't there, or aren't paying attention. The things you learn when you start paying attention.

All due respect, Vid, but I think you're being melodramatic. YMMV.

There is the possibility.

If Robbie dies on the table, it's his last council meeting. That's not melodramatic, it's reality.

Or if there are complications. Rob's thought is that the surgery will go perfectly and he will be in 100% shape on Sept 1. That is the best case scenario and he won't consider anything else.

There is the possibility.

Or if there are complications. Rob's thought is that the surgery will go perfectly and he will be in 100% shape on Sept 1. That is the best case scenario and he won't consider anything else.

Sure, it's possible. All surgery comes with risks and Rob's obesity elevates those risks to a degree. But surgery on obese people isn't rare, so it's not like his doctors are in uncharted territory. Ditto on the asthma. I think the bigger issue is whether the surgeons get their negative margins and what they turn up in their lymph-node sampling.

As for a total recovery by Sept. 1. I'm with you. I don't see it, either. He'll be up and about soon enough, but I don't think he will ever recover 100%.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 7m7 minutes ago

Finally, Rob-more than enough to eat at home-Ford doesn't want his kids learning about oral sex & blow jobs at school, told them to walkout

Siobhan Morris @siomo · 16m 16 minutes ago

Ezra Levant interviewed Rob Ford: "it's almost as if you were Toronto's first black president, in a way" http://www.therebel.media/exclusive_interview_with_former_toronto_mayor_rob_ford … #TOPoli

Here's the video. Warning: may induce vomiting. Levant's a clown!

[video=youtube;BLjwWLkCJNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLjwWLkCJNM[/video]

leeanne.JPG

https://twitter.com/LeeanneMcrobb/status/595498341863141376

Attachments

• leeanne.JPG
    leeanne.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 559
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back