News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

huh?? the vax doesn't stop u from spreading covid or getting it , it only stops you from getting really sick when u get covid so you lower your chance of ending up in a hospital icu unit
The vaccine reduces the amount of time that the virus lives and reproduces inside you, which in turn reduces the time you can transmit the virus to others, whether you are asymptomatic or not, as the amount of virus you can spread to others is significantly decreased. Not ending up in the ICU is a same result of this.

Last edited:
💡💡Obesity increases your chance of ending up in the hospital after getting covid, which costs tax payers more money and more strain on health care system , so tax the over weight people as well 🤣😂😅

Obesity isn't a communicable disease.

huh?? the vax doesn't stop u from spreading covid or getting it , it only stops you from getting really sick when u get covid so you lower your chance of ending up in a hospital icu unit

The difference is personal choice vs. something you *are*.

💡💡Obesity increases your chance of ending up in the hospital after getting covid, which costs tax payers more money and more strain on health care system , so tax the over weight people as well 🤣😂😅

Obesity is often a result of food addiction. Even if it isn't, choosing to eat a lot of bad food doesn't have an effect on me. And in a free society, you could be free to enjoy eating a lot of food if that's what you want to do. Getting vaccinated doesn't stop you from doing anything you want to do. It's a false equivalency. I'd compare these anti-vax fines to getting a fine/ticket for not wearing a seat belt. Sure, you could technically die from wearing a seatbelt, very rare - but it is possible. But as a society, we've deemed the benefit to require wearing a seatbelt to outweigh the minuscule risk of harm it might cause, and as a society we are okay giving up the "liberty" to choose to not wear it because it is universally understood that the benefit to society is worth it. Why aren't all these anti vaxxers out protesting these other safety measures we have in place in society that limit our choice?

Obesity is often a result of food addiction. Even if it isn't, choosing to eat a lot of bad food doesn't have an effect on me. And in a free society, you could be free to enjoy eating a lot of food if that's what you want to do. Getting vaccinated doesn't stop you from doing anything you want to do. It's a false equivalency. I'd compare these anti-vax fines to getting a fine/ticket for not wearing a seat belt. Sure, you could technically die from wearing a seatbelt, very rare - but it is possible. But as a society, we've deemed the benefit to require wearing a seatbelt to outweigh the minuscule risk of harm it might cause, and as a society we are okay giving up the "liberty" to choose to not wear it because it is universally understood that the benefit to society is worth it. Why aren't all these anti vaxxers out protesting these other safety measures we have in place in society that limit our choice?
There really are anti-seatbelt people who wish to retain their freedom. Or something. 🤷‍♂️

It is interesting.

In ways the author intends and in ways he probably does not.

First, he very successfully illustrates how seemingly good data, by professional experts can be misleading when a graph/chart, presumably erroneously, is misplotted.

But then, after arguing that the data shows school closures/lockdowns weren't particularly key to youth suicides, what he actually shows is a consistent upward trend in same.

The time and dates of the attempts don't line up with harshest lockdown measures/school closures, which he takes to show means they caused less harm that some argue.......

I might suggest that's a potentially egregious misread.

When does one expect that a suicide attempt might be forthcoming? Would it be during the weeks when one is isolated from real-world consequences? Or would it be when one goes back to school and is 2 months behind?

Would it be when one hasn't seen friends, but longs for them; or when one realizes friendships and relationships have ended due to time apart?

That's not to argue against all lockdown/closures; but the conclusions the author draws seem..........under-substantiated.

1642132828635.png

Certainly, no one could argue based on the charts above that the pandemic was not impactful on the rate of youth suicide in this data grouping.

That only leaves the question of what was key to that; and why things happened when they did.

I expect that's not fully knowable.

But certainly I find that his apparent conclusion that because suicide attempts didn't peak during the school closure/and or the most severe lockdowns) that that wasn't a material cause is rather questionable.

Back