News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The flea market has been completely knocked down - does anyone have any further info on this??
Do you have any pictures of this? I am very curious. There are no development applications online, that I can see. As someone who purchased right across the street, I am very curious who owns this property now and what's planned for it. I suspect a large development, hopefully with some large public space.

Do you have any pictures of this? I am very curious. There are no development applications online, that I can see. As someone who purchased right across the street, I am very curious who owns this property now and what's planned for it. I suspect a large development, hopefully with some large public space.
Unfortunately I only saw it last night as I drove by it but I assure you it’s knocked down. There was an excavator there on-site and a massive mound of dirt

The flea market has been completely knocked down - does anyone have any further info on this??

Hmmm, did someone jump the gun? City site shows Demo permit applied for, but not yet issued!

1656606893851.png

Unless I am mistaken, that is just the parking lot. The structure is still fully up.
Yeah, the market building is on the far left in the first pic behind the sign. Building behind the pile is the Consolidated Bottle building on Union St.

Makes sense, but it obviously shows that something is happening. Sorry for the false info but still good that we dug up that demo is on deck

Any ideas what that amount of material is going to be used for? That's a lot of granular fill to be stockpiled. At first it seemed as though it might've been for the Reunion Crossing development across the road, but clearly the mound has gotten much bigger with daily dump truck deliveries! The City are planning on rebuilding the kid's playground at S.A.D.R.A. park...

No apparent movement in terms of proposals/applications on this site for 3 years now...do we know who owns the property?

They probably have to involve TTC for the bus loop on SE corner of site.

Back