News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Most of EXOs track was on the Deux-Montagnes line - which is now CDPQ's REM, and can no longer run EXO trains. I'm not even sure that EXO still owns the land any more.
Was that a worthy trade off? Some people I've spoke with said that was EXO's most profitable and busiest line.

Was that a worthy trade off? Some people I've spoke with said that was EXO's most profitable and busiest line.
I mean, at the end of the day these are all government owned crown corporations. The majority of the money is all coming from the same place at the end of the day. The REM will increase ridership and potential profit on the Deux-Montagnes line then its a net benefit for the Quebec and Canadian taxpayer. What government organization owns it is of little importance. Its not like EXO is going to go out of business or something...

Seems that the ARTM days are soon to be over, transit planning to be given to a new agency, headed by CDPQi. "Pink" line consultations were halted by the Québec government. STM has Blue lines contract tender issues with the boring contract.

Seems that the ARTM days are soon to be over, transit planning to be given to a new agency, headed by CDPQi. "Pink" line consultations were halted by the Québec government. STM has Blue lines contract tender issues with the boring contract.

As of yesterday, Toronto seems to have a supportive partner in Ontario, but Montreal is now completely at odds with Quebec (in many more ways than just transit planning).

As of yesterday, Toronto seems to have a supportive partner in Ontario, but Montreal is now completely at odds with Quebec (in many more ways than just transit planning).
Plante cancelling the REM de l'Est left Legault furious. He can be a petty man. He's a business man, he saw that the CDPQi delivers, not so much for left leaning cities and organisations.

Plante cancelling the REM de l'Est left Legault furious. He can be a petty man. He's a business man, he saw that the CDPQi delivers, not so much for left leaning cities and organisations.
The rem de l'est cancellation was a disaster for mtl. At the same time, it's fun to watch the pompous Legault flail around in his low polling numbers. At least we can all enjoy watching that. But the PQ is even worse.

in any case, Montréal had better separate from QC and do it soon, given how at odds the city is culturally, economically and even linguistically from the rest of the province.

Montreal proposing a tramway on Jean Talon from Park Ave. to Cavendish Boul.

From Google Translate:

This project of approximately six kilometers would be part of a complete redevelopment of the artery, also providing for the construction of the longest “bicycle highway” in the entire city.

The transport line and the cycle path would notably serve the district of 12,500 housing units which is to be built on the grounds of the racecourse and in the surrounding area.
In the context of development, it is “obvious to think about a structuring offer of collective and active transport”, indicated the cabinet of Valérie Plante on Thursday in a written statement. No elected official was available for an interview.

Rue Jean-Talon Ouest is two or three lanes wide on the section concerned and has a central reservation in places. It is bordered by a railway line. The artery separates Côte-des-Neiges (to the south) from Mont-Royal (to the north) and crosses Parc-Extension. In Montreal's plans, Jean-Talon West would also be extended by one kilometer, to reach the Cavendish connection.

That's exciting! I think some sort of connection between Angrignon and Lachine Station would be my preferred option, but Dorval sorely needs more connections as well.

As an aside, I recently had to make a very quick connection between YUL and Dorval VIA and my option ended up simply being taxi because VIA's shuttle between the two has no formal timetable. Not the best situation.

The options from the piece above:

1705503125434.png

1705503152612.png

This image from ARTM doesn't have great definition............but oh well:

1705503433109.png

Back