News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Did it say anything about using it while intoxicated and *NOT* on a ladder?

Not that I recall, LOL

The other one I remember was less interesting if still...........'duh'...... it was don't use while standing in water.

Any votes on whether this will happen here :-> (I would vote yes but I doubt the question will ever be asked!) At my condo building we have several folk who now cannot use their assigned parking because their vehicle is too large (or their parking skills are so poor!)

Paris residents set to vote on plan to triple parking charges for SUVs​

Green campaigners hope to win landmark vote, which is being watched closely by other cities such as London

Any votes on whether this will happen here :-> (I would vote yes but I doubt the question will ever be asked!) At my condo building we have several folk who now cannot use their assigned parking because their vehicle is too large (or their parking skills are so poor!)

Green campaigners hope to win landmark vote, which is being watched closely by other cities such as London

I manage Condominiums for a living and you would not believe how many oversized vehicles I see.

The best is when someone tries to bring an F-450 into the parking garage or a king-cab pickup. Those things are either scraping the ceiling getting in or cannot back into spots given the length.

I once saw someone wedge a F-650 in my parking garage thinking they could get it down. *PLOT TWIST* they were not able to and the guy got fired (it was a company vehicle).

I'm sure Toronto would also vote to increase parking on non-resident SUV's. Unfortunately I doubt the city has the ability nor the power to do it without Ford intervening.

The move will not apply to Paris residents’ parking.

Press Conference with Olivia and Freeland this afternoon. No doubt $$$$ en route......

$162M to be precise.

From the above:

1706896649106.png

I think about this a lot, if a new vehicle registration tax were to be implemented, I would like to see it by vehicle weight, rather than a flat fee. Heavier vehicles cause more damage to roads. and roads will wear out faster with EVs.

I think about this a lot, if a new vehicle registration tax were to be implemented, I would like to see it by vehicle weight, rather than a flat fee. Heavier vehicles cause more damage to roads. and roads will wear out faster with EVs.
It's a great idea, but I don't see the province under ford ever going for it, or allowing the city to do it.

Have you seen the size of the urban assault vehicles that Douggie and fam like to drive?

Not quite sure where best to put this but it is an example of a new building trying (fairly successfully) to pay homage to an adjacent one. Something that is usually sadly lacking here!

The norm in Toronto is that it takes decades to finish projects that should take half the time. But is Olivia Chow's first budget a sign on how to get things moving?
One reason why Chow has made such a deep impression right across the political landscape is that she’s emerged as a doer of the first order — a leader animated by a desire to clear away roadblocks instead of erect more of them. It feels like she’s delivering a master class in politics as the art of the possible.
Our self-inflicted problems aren’t merely the result of inter-governmental sparring, policy reversals following elections, lead-footed bureaucrats, economic ups and downs, etc. Every big city faces precisely this constellation of pressures, yet not every city is so adept at getting in its own way.
The compulsion to re-litigate earlier decisions, often in the name of fiscal probity, is perhaps the most pernicious source of our inability to get important stuff done, but this habit is, in my view, a cultural problem, not a structural one. By cultural, I mean political culture, which is to say the culture of public discourse and decision-making, both of which encompass a huge variety of stakeholders but often a rather narrow set of parameters.
Perhaps the thing that could wake them up to the vicious cycle in which we find ourselves is a clear-eyed recognition of the relationship between endlessly delayed infrastructure and a housing system that moves with all the speed and agility of a snapping turtle. The molten pace of rapid transit construction has helped throttled development and intensification.
Chow is showing both voters and the political classes how to get stuff done quickly but not carelessly. Here’s hoping her refreshingly impatient pragmatism will be contagious in a city-region that had forgotten how to get to yes.

I was looking at Matt Elliott'a coverage of today's council meeting. What's up with Brad Bradford asking to look at exempting "cultural organizations" from noise permit fees? It just seems a little odd when all of the other noise related items seem to be about enforcing noise complaints.

I was looking at Matt Elliott'a coverage of today's council meeting. What's up with Brad Bradford asking to look at exempting "cultural organizations" from noise permit fees? It just seems a little odd when all of the other noise related items seem to be about enforcing noise complaints.
Report not until fall...

1707345434493.png

Back