News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

1707233678893.png

I know this is a much less complex project compared to Eglinton, but I really hope this level of execution carries over to the Ontario Line. Its night and day compared to Eglinton.
I agree. I also wish that they would continue building the Line 6 originally imagined and extend the Finch West LRT to Finch station. Connecting both sides of Line 1 north of Bloor (eventually north of Eglinton, whenever the Crosstown may open) would be a game changer as east west rapid transit in Toronto especially to those north of Line 2 is critically lacking.

I agree. I also wish that they would continue building the Line 6 originally imagined and extend the Finch West LRT to Finch station. Connecting both sides of Line 1 north of Bloor (eventually north of Eglinton, whenever the Crosstown may open) would be a game changer as east west rapid transit in Toronto especially to those north of Line 2 is critically lacking.
38 mins for 10,3 KM isn’t rapid transit. I do feel they should work on improving travel time as top priority before expanding the line.

38 mins for 10,3 KM isn’t rapid transit. I do feel they should work on improving travel time as top priority before expanding the line.
I did a Google search after reading your post cause I thought you were joking, and then I got this;
FinchWestLRT.png

Can someone clarify this? Are we seriously talking about LRVs that will only travel 20km/h between most stops? This can't be. I must have misread something here.

Last edited:
I did a Google search after reading your post cause I thought you were joking, and then I got this;
View attachment 540270

Can someone clarify this? Are we seriously talking about LRVs that will only travel 20km/h between most stops? This can't be. I must have misread something here.
average speed is calculated by using the total distance of the line and the time it takes to get there. This includes the time decelerating, dwell times at stops and time accelerating. For context most bus routes have an average speed somewhere around 15-17 km/h the 29 Dufferin has an average speed during peak times of as low as 10.6 km/h. Line 6 once operating is likely going to be quite consistent with its average speed and is unlikely go much lower than that 20 km/h average

Last edited:

Back