...at the end of the day though seems like a win/win for everyone here. That is, anti-Mizrahi brigade got their removal/demise of their favorite whipping boy and the rest of us are getting our champagne supertall in the sky. So it's less axe-to-grind trolling and more construction pics from here on end. <3

Too windy to get much further work done at the top today but it's great that they started early, before the weather took a turn:

20240228_102251.jpg
20240228_122929.jpg
20240228_122933.jpg
20240228_122942.jpg
20240228_124034.jpg

Speaking of which, will title thread change now Mizrahi is no longer the developer here, @Paclo? Or how does that work now?

Said no person ever investing in technology. People who don't try are doomed to failure. Test your limits, accept your failures. Grow as a person. This just happened to be one massive failure but the man is not dead. He can still come back from it. Every failure has a lesson. Every success has a failure

Every failure has a lesson.

Maybe the lesson is Mizrahi shouldn't be a developer no more. Maybe the lesson is he should try something else.

You make it sould like failure leads to success as long as you understand why you failed. I'd love to see the statistics on that.

Maybe you fail and go on to succeed. But more likely you fail and then fail again and again and again and just never really make it.

People who don't try are doomed to failure.

Sure but reverse of that is not, if you try you will succeed. You could try your whole life and never really achieve your dream. That's most people.

What you've said is like saying, "You can't win the lottery if you don't play." True, but playing also won't mean winning for like 99.99999999% of people.

Last edited:
...putting all the internet philosophy, armchair'd or otherwise, aside here, Mizrahi was certainly not learning from his mistakes...and demonstratively so. He was still insisting on expenditures on his signature interiors (read: feature creep), instead of making sure everyone gets paid under the receivership agreement...or least how I read why he was shown the door in part. And that seems one example of many him playing fast, loose and disingenuously with his creditors' money. So this strongly suggests that he hasn't given pause and owned the mistakes he's made. I'm sure he's wonderful person outside of that, but I wouldn't trust him even with a three dollar bill at this point. And therefore, it's likely the best that he's out of the way on this project, IMO.

It's sad to see him go, but I'm not sorry to see him go.

I still stand by my original statement that Mizrahis biggest mistake was not sticking to his original plan of going with RAMSA for this site.

...putting all the internet philosophy, armchair'd or otherwise, aside here, Mizrahi was certainly not learning from his mistakes...and demonstratively so. He was still insisting on expenditures on his signature interiors (read: feature creep), instead of making sure everyone gets paid under the receivership agreement...or least how I read why he was shown the door in part. And that seems one example of many him playing fast, loose and disingenuously with his creditors' money. So this strongly suggests that he hasn't given pause and owned the mistakes he's made. I'm sure he's wonderful person outside of that, but I wouldn't trust him even with a three dollar bill at this point. And therefore, it's likely the best that he's out of the way on this project, IMO.

It's sad to see him go, but I'm not sorry to see him go.
A lot of the complexity was the size of the project, covid, city delays, and complexity of the structural expressionist Foster design.

Compare this project to how quickly One Saint Thomas went up. His original idea of going with RAMSA was perfect, he should have stuck with his original gut. In general our initial gut feeling on anything is usually the correct decision

Mizrahi has done a great job with the midrises on Davenport , and should stick with that. Id like to see him buy up some of those butchered Victorians on the north side of Davenport and put together an assembly. Quality over quantity.

Last edited:
What you've said is like saying, "You can't win the lottery if you don't play." True, but playing also won't mean winning for like 99.99999999% of people.
Gotta disagree with the analogy.

Time and effort don’t equate to random selection.

He shot for the moon and lost, but there will be many who respect that he even tried.

Back