News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Today’s progress

IMG_3298.jpeg

Wish the North Tower was just like 3 floors taller. Just enough to beat Moon.

The tower still under construction seems to have 7 floors to go. Looks like even this one will be a mini clump breaker, no?

The tower still under construction seems to have 7 floors to go. Looks like even this one will be a mini clump breaker, no?
The tallest at 98 meters will be shorter than the 112 meter Place de Ville C. It will be the third tallest building in the CBD, behind Place Bell at 107 meters.

I wish both towers beat Claridge Moon, but the second tower will still have a significant impact al on its own. The Renaissance will be a game changer (at least, as far as Ottawa's timid CBD goes) at 118 meters.

I believe it will be more than a mini clump breaker for two reasons: It's a roofline at 98m, not a mechanical penthouse, and it's more central and forward in the skyline than PDVC and Minto Place. I think it will have similar prominence to PDVC from most Western angles.

Edit: here it is without Marriott

Screenshot 2024-03-07 194147.png

Screenshot 2024-03-07 194207.png

Marriott is the ultimate clumbreaker though:

Screenshot 2024-03-07 194357.png

Last edited:
At least 30. 30 would have been a nice clean number. But yeah, wish it was taller than the future Renaissance just so it could poke over everything else and add some depth looking from the west.

Back