Reaction score

At 2:32

Capture.PNG

(second tower from the left)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 998
Wow, um, Westrich seems to have a lot of things (presumably) in the works...

also, I'm guess that they are not going to build the tower at 2:01 anymore, as that lot is part of warehouse park! :rolleyes:

Westrich has told me this tower will be happening (10004 112 Street NW), 33 storeys, 101m and 310 units. The development permit application is back under review after nearly two years:

View attachment 549990View attachment 549991View attachment 549992View attachment 549993View attachment 549994View attachment 549995View attachment 549996View attachment 549997
This is great news! Is there a chance they will get started on this as soon as their development next door wraps up? 🤞🏼

Westrich has told me this tower will be happening (10004 112 Street NW), 33 storeys, 101m and 310 units. The development permit application is back under review after nearly two years:

View attachment 549990View attachment 549991View attachment 549992View attachment 549993View attachment 549994View attachment 549995View attachment 549996View attachment 549997
Has it been 2 years already when they cancelled their “Hudson” project and made this their next flagship highrise?

I think it will be a residential development only , no commercial spots
I sure hope so! Please keep the Grandin area dominantly residential, I loved walking through the area and getting a sense of peacefulness while surrounded by high density. Sick and tired of urbanists demanding commercial spots on every single corner and street and avenue and alley (Calgary forumers are horrible at this).

You know what feels more 'dead space' than a residential strip? A strip of VACANT commercial bays for years and years....

I sure hope so! Please keep the Grandin area dominantly residential, I loved walking through the area and getting a sense of peacefulness while surrounded by high density. Sick and tired of urbanists demanding commercial spots on every single corner and street and avenue and alley (Calgary forumers are horrible at this).

You know what feels more 'dead space' than a residential strip? A strip of VACANT commercial bays for years and years....
I have one counter to this: maybe having ONE small commercial bay in a building such as this could be a good thing, so that maybe a mom-and-pop thing like Stop Gap cafe (not necessarily a coffee shop, but small scale, community gathering things) could be more common.

This is great news.

I have to ask and hopefully somebody can it explain it so I can answer when I'm asked - if Westrich can go ahead with this high-rise concrete tower without any incentives, why do other projects need it?

Is it because this land was less expensive? Do they not have the same financing and construction costs while being in a city with lower rents as a major barrier that other downtown developers are talking about?

Is it because this land was less expensive? Do they not have the same financing and construction costs while being in a city with lower rents as a major barrier that other downtown developers are talking about?
Might be a combination of these.
As far as I know, they're flush with cash, and they also might've been able to secure lower rates on any kind of debt financing.
They're also renting a lot of their stuff above market averages, which in turn improves the economics, and since their product and locations are generally excellent, people are paying what they charge.
And I don't know how much that land cost, but they've owned it for a while, now, so might've been purchased back when land prices in the area were at a low.,

Really exciting news. I've always been a fan of Westrich's towers and the renderings on this looks great. I hope we get more similar towers in that area of a similar calibre; would really help give off a "big city vibe" if we had a bunch more of these in Grandin.

Wondering when construction starts. Any guesses?

Back