It's no longer a chateau-esque design, it's now a Beaux Arts inspired Wengle design.
The crowns are replete with blue-shingled mansards and French dormers. Slap those atop any neoclassic style and you've got faux-château.

1678284336718.png

The crowns are replete with blue-shingled mansards and French dormers. Slap those atop any neoclassic style and you've got faux-château.

View attachment 460473

You're not listening. The image you posted is from 2020 and is not the current design.

Currently It's a RAMSA-esque Wengle design now with no shingle/mansard component. It looks totally different.
A moderator needs to change the image in the header.

The developer could very well be on vacation (or asleep at the helm) and haven't updated the images on the website.

Last edited:
This is not the current design. All of the images of this design need to be removed.
Well, we don't remove anything, we just add new pictures to the thread and the mods will update the database as necessary. Can you screenshot the new designs and post them here?

Hmmm, I can't find any post 2018 Planning Docs for this, but maybe I'm missing it.

Project Website and FB group reflect the design above but have not been updated since 2021.

Lets summon @Paclo to track down the facts here.

I had contacted the developer and architect's office in March to clarify which design was current, but did not hear back. The primary database image has been reverted to the "deco" version that was most recently posted by the architect on instagram in March. Architects have been known to post previous design iterations on social media so the evidence was not definitive. As @Northern Light mentioned, the project website has not been updated since 2021 and the submission materials have been removed from Waterloo's website because the Zone Change Application was approved.

There is no indication of any activity on site from Google Street View of August 2023:
1696364989713.png

It looks amazing, just wish they retained the urn planters on some of the terraces in Wengles previous renderings.

Back