Great pix, thanks! Now the interesting part begins as the building begins to fill and the residents start to contribute to the city.
It'll definitely get a lot busier along the Gore and King William. Kind of nice to have that density starting at the foot of James St N that can kind of radiate in all directions to help the downtown . 75 James is similarly situated, but a while off.

Based on what I know from speaking to someone in the industry, they usually rent out 2-3 units per week, but it could be as high as 5 I would assume if the rents are a bit more affordable. That would mean these buildings could take 1.5-2 years to fill up to full occupancy which seems in line with the Marquee tower.

It'll definitely get a lot busier along the Gore and King William. Kind of nice to have that density starting at the foot of James St N that can kind of radiate in all directions to help the downtown . 75 James is similarly situated, but a while off.

Based on what I know from speaking to someone in the industry, they usually rent out 2-3 units per week, but it could be as high as 5 I would assume if the rents are a bit more affordable. That would mean these buildings could take 1.5-2 years to fill up to full occupancy which seems in line with the Marquee tower.

Yeah it's easy to forget there's around 525? units in these 2 towers.
Will be great to have all of those residents patronizing shops, restaurants, bars, Jackson Square, etc.
Each 30 storey tower (since that seems to be the Hamilton standard) downtown should lead to noticeably more vibrancy

Chronamut, I know you have some complaints, but I think this development project turned out pretty darn well.

(For Hamilton standards especially)
👍🏻👍🏻
Just trying to keep the standards high - this one has been unique for me because with others its mainly just been either praise or disappointment, and this one has been somewhere in the middle - I can see the merits, but I can see where they can improve in future too.

I still want awnings on those windows hehe - give it some warmth on street level. The grates make it feel very stark.

Hopefully "hamilton standards" become a higher bar as we attract more quality investors.

Great Pics all around!!

I’m curious to see what happens with those drainage spouts during a summer storm ..

Great Pics all around!!

I’m curious to see what happens with those drainage spouts during a summer storm ..
From my conversation with Steve from Core Urban they shouldn't really need to be use in most cases. They are only for enclosed floor balconies like this and on KiWi. There is a drain on the balcony, but if that overflows these spouts are a backup so the balcony doesn't flood and go into the unit. (Think overflow hole on bathroom sink or bathtub).

IMG_1349.jpg

I nearly had a heart attack seeing the graffiti on capri, until I realized its just the grates - I love capri.

I'd be really sad if they ever closed down, esp since cobalt made them demolish their extension on the back and basically redesign their entire interior to build cobalt.

I nearly had a heart attack seeing the graffiti on capri, until I realized its just the grates - I love capri.

I'd be really sad if they ever closed down, esp since cobalt made them demolish their extension on the back and basically redesign their entire interior to build cobalt.
I finally went in with some coworkers and while I never went in prior to their renovation and changes, the food was honestly terrible. The second worst pizza in the city I've tried, the worst being the now closed Industria. Just bland and not good.

I've heard it's gone downhill since it's closure and reopening.

I finally went in with some coworkers and while I never went in prior to their renovation and changes, the food was honestly terrible. The second worst pizza in the city I've tried, the worst being the now closed Industria. Just bland and not good.

the pasta is still pretty good, and reasonably priced - I've honestly never had the pizza, but you have to understand that REAL authentic italian pizza is much more subtle in flavours than the american/canadian pizza you're used to. In fact pizza isn't REALLY even an italian dish originally at all.

if you go back I honestly suggest you try the actual italian food instead hehe.. like the pasta etc.

I'm personally a twice the deal pizza fan myself - their shawarma pizza is amazing.

the pasta is still pretty good, and reasonably priced - I've honestly never had the pizza, but you have to understand that REAL authentic italian pizza is much more subtle in flavours than the american/canadian pizza you're used to. In fact pizza isn't REALLY even an italian dish originally at all.

if you go back I honestly suggest you try the actual italian food instead hehe.. like the pasta etc.

I'm personally a twice the deal pizza fan myself - their shawarma pizza is amazing.
I'm Italian. Believe me when I say I know what real Italian tastes like, and that was not it. I tried the pasta too, and we also got Panzarotti that was worse than my pizza.

My nonna would not have approved.

I'm Italian. Believe me when I say I know what real Italian tastes like, and that was not it. I tried the pasta too, and we also got Panzarotti that was worse than my pizza.

My nonna would not have approved.
To be fair you're gonna be hard pressed to find good quality italian food ANYWHERE in the city. I am also part italian myself

On that note however, if you DO know any ones your nonna would approve of, do let me know ;)

(that aren't ridiculously priced of course :p)

Sometimes I go to the one higher up on james st across from the grey core urban building they just made, La Piazza, that one's pretty good too, imo - and le spaghette is not bad.

As for closer to the lake.. nooot a lot of selection.

I also miss the Bistro Parisienne.. not italian of course but pretttty good food.

That's a shame.
I went to Capri about 7? (Can't recall if 2016-2017) years ago for the history/nostalgia factor and it was alright.

The pizza was Nothing amazing but certainly not as bad as your experience. A quick glance of recent Google reviews shows a lot of people giving mediocre to negative experiences. And with post pandemic, inflationary prices you really have to offer good quality food or it's not worth the price.

Shame that it's apparently really went downhill since they renovated/reopened.

Other than the ones right beside the windows, Have they planted any trees on the east side of this or just the back? Can't wait until those trees mature, although the ones by the windows are going to definitely lean at a 45 degree angle outwards as they will have no space to grow.. that decision still seems bizarre.. you risk root damage to the foundation as tree roots secrete a chemical that dissolves rock so you risk them breaking into the foundation/parking garage..

Back