News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I wonder how much they figure they can wring out of the Halifax-class frigates? They've been sailed like rented mules and the newest hull is 28 years old.
One of my friends was on the design team for the Halifax class from the Saint John yard, and now leads at Davie shipyard in Quebec City. He told me that the Halifax class units they’re working on are being almost rebuilt under the canopy.

Gotta love how they talk about Arctic sovereignty and completely ignored American claims on our territory.

Guess, that's the price of relying on the US.

I don't see where we 'ignored' the claim.

Canada filed a claim over that area first in 2019.

The treaty under which the all the competing claims are being filed has never been ratified by the U.S. (but has by Canada)

We have overlapping claims with Russia and Denmark as well..

The U.S. has said they will negotiate w/Canada in good faith.

Whether they are good to their word..............TBD.

That said the U.N. will adjudicate the science, but they aren't expected to get back to anybody for a few years.

I don't see where we 'ignored' the claim.

Search for where it's mentioned in this defence policy. If you're going to talk about the Arctic and say it's the highest priority for what will be a supposedly $50B/yr budget in 2030, maybe you should at least talk about critical conflicts in the foundational document supposedly guiding that spending.

I wonder how much of this has to do with technology.

Younger people used to work customer service jobs like retail and restaurants. Now those same jobs are replaced with apps, kiosks and self checkouts.

I'm a millenial and even I'm seeing jobs replaced by technology. Not all jobs but enough to make you see an issue.

I wonder how much of this has to do with technology.

Younger people used to work customer service jobs like retail and restaurants. Now those same jobs are replaced with apps, kiosks and self checkouts.

I'm a millenial and even I'm seeing jobs replaced by technology. Not all jobs but enough to make you see an issue.
Canadian companies are too miserly to even do that, nearly everyone at the fast food register, delivering food, or in the kitchen these days is an immigrant or TFW from the Philippines/Indian subcontinent.

Minimum-wage immigration (wage suppression & socialized costs) + cartelization/lack of productivity investment (low innovation) + high COL/regulatory regime (high cost of business & entry) + economic drag from high government debt = low productivity increase.

Last edited:
Comparison to other countries from the Economist.

It’s very clear, the Trudeau government has been an unmitigated historic disaster. There is fundamentally no reason why our country needed to be set on this trajectory.

1712667309250.jpeg

Last edited:
Building churches and making sausage I presume?

Since you asked, you made me curious................

1712677778022.png

From: https://pie.net.pl/en/polands-gdp-growth-in-2024-to-reach-2-3/

The black line is overall GDP growth, curiously it peaked in the pandemic, and the year after, the rest of the chart is fairly unremarkable. But 2021/2022 saw phenomenal growth.

Whoa......look at the inflation numbers:

1712677992830.png

Source: https://www.economicsobservatory.com/what-next-for-polands-economy

From the above, Polish inflation peaked at ~20% in the last year

This has me curious and I will have to look into this further.

Comparison to other countries from the Economist.

It’s very clear, the Trudeau government has been an unmitigated historic disaster. There is fundamentally no reason why our country needed to be set on this trajectory.

View attachment 554882

LOL. The fun of choosing your starting and ending points to manufacture a narrative. Very legacy media of the Economist.

1712678266678.png

Last edited:

Back