In most cases I really like raw concrete in hard lofts but in entry level/mid market standard condos they seem to give an aura (no pun intended) of "too cool to care" sales representatives & investors.
Exposed cast in place walls and ceilings in my living spaces are not my thing. The concrete ceilings highlight all the drywalled bulkheads in standard condos in Toronto. We weren't talking about condo interiors though.

The early mix of retail looks promising. I wonder if Kids and Co is just moving the one that is currently near Christie, which seems to be in a fairly small building and I believe has no outdoor space.

20240405_131906.jpg
20240405_131903.jpg
From April 5th.

769 sq ft for under $3k/ month is not cheap, but not outrageous either. Maybe because of the unfinished ceiling …

So much I could say. I will simply say, I have a lot more space for a lot less $$, the virtue of being a long term tenant.

Of course I don't have some of the bells and whistles of newer spaces (central a/c, ensuite laundry). Still.........

I do realize I'm incredibly lucky in that regard.

But I also recognize how unlucky folks are who find themselves in the contemporary Toronto real estate market.

Duly noted: The Queen of the Annex does not approve of exposed concrete ceilings; particularly if unfinished.
I'm not sure that was stated because it is perceived my ego is out of control here (I hope not), but yeah...I am not a fan of unfinished ceilings, to put it mildly.

...although, begging the question: Are residents supposed to provide their own drop ceilings or something with these units? I presume at those atrocious rates, tenants are within their means to remedy that.

I'm not sure that was stated because it is perceived my ego is out of control here (I hope not

There was no such perception; we all have subjective preferences. This isn't to my taste either............though I think you reaction might be a bit more visceral than my own.

), but yeah...I am not a fan of unfinished ceilings, to put it mildly.

I might be ok w/it, w/the right ceiling height, and the right colour scheme. But this, is not that.

...although, begging the question: Are residents supposed to provide their own drop ceilings or something with these units?

I would imagine not. As in, drop ceilings are not likely permitted.

I presume at those atrocious rates, tenants are within their means to remedy that.

I might draw the opposite assumption.

Given what rent is sucking up, what money is left?

Back