Two things caught my eye and both are courtesy Janet Rosenberg: the stylized green roof on top of The Hub and the plaza connecting the mews to Markham Street.

IMG_8126.png

IMG_8127.png

**I know someone who just signed a lease in one of the heritage homes for this site**
All I can say is that it sounds very artsy, fun and hip and similar concepts have been very popular in cities like NY and London. Seems like it will be a first for Toronto.
My lips are sealed but I want to be the first to announce it when they will let me. Will be a great addition to this quirky development and community!!

Last edited:
**I know someone who just signed a lease in one of the heritage homes for this site**
All I can say is that it sounds very artsy, fun and hip and similar concepts have been very popular in cities like NY and London. Seems like it will be a first for Toronto.
My lips are sealed but I want to be the first to announce it when they will let me. Will be a great addition to this quirky development and community!!
any updates? :)

It's not completed. It would be a Vancouver thing to paint the cast in place concrete coloumns. If not, I prefer the raw concrete columns over aluminum and other popular choices

It's not completed. It would be a Vancouver thing to paint the cast in place concrete coloumns. If not, I prefer the raw concrete columns over aluminum and other popular choices
It depends. In this case it just looks unfinished to me, and slap-dash/lazy.

Usually rectangular or mushroom shaped raw concrete columns look great in loft spaces with concrete ceilings and/or brick (or the smaller ones on the inner hallways of The Well, not the oversized ones in the Spadina entrance)

In most cases I really like raw concrete in hard lofts but in entry level/mid market standard condos they seem to give an aura (no pun intended) of "too cool to care" sales representatives & investors.

Some new retailer names were quietly announced on Westbank's website... It also seems they may have dropped the company that was doing the leasing.

- Sweetie Pie Bakery
- Motoretta Gelateria from Vancouver (unrelated to Motorino, not sure if that was a mistake on the plans earlier.)
- Pizzeria Badiali (yes, that one with the lineups)
- Kids & Co. Daycare

A couple micro units have been leased, would love for more affordable small commercial spaces...

The map below is recent, but likely hiding some stuff (there is a rough in for a venue space that is hidden here). The Daycare is likely the bottom left lease. That bank frontage is rough though ick.

leasees.jpg

Some new retailer names were quietly announced on Westbank's website... It also seems they may have dropped the company that was doing the leasing.

- Sweetie Pie Bakery
- Motoretta Gelateria from Vancouver (unrelated to Motorino, not sure if that was a mistake on the plans earlier.)
- Pizzeria Badiali (yes, that one with the lineups)
- Kids & Co. Daycare

A couple micro units have been leased, would love for more affordable small commercial spaces...

The map below is recent, but likely hiding some stuff (there is a rough in for a venue space that is hidden here). The Daycare is likely the bottom left lease. That bank frontage is rough though ick.

View attachment 553380

Badiali is a huge get for this complex.

Back