hmm. I'm not sure I believe that as these are 58-storey vertical slabs and have a massive "donut" in the middle to boot - but I'm not a wind expert..

Not my field of expertise either, though I've read a few of these in my day.

I will say though, that when you model, the first thing you have to do is consider prevailing wind directions and what is in between your proposal and that wind.

Then once the wind arrives at your tower, it is true, all other things being equal, it will rush down a straight vertical and be a problem at-grade.

However, important to note here that there are 2 elevations to each tower, and then a bridge connecting the two towers, which will intercept wind at various points.

I don't think I saw a comprehensive illustration of wind flow in the study, but I'll take another look later.

Any one missing this beauty??

Original plan
31613-148471.jpg

UT

Any one missing this beauty??

Original plan
31613-148471.jpg

UT

Not really, no.

The towers on that one weren't bad, and did feature colour; but that podium was such a clunker.

While, the original design would be an upgrade over too much of what has been built; I think the latest iteration here is an upgrade on the earlier proposal.

We have a front page story up here, covering both this site and the west site.

There's a lot I like about this proposal, but I have to give a particular shoutout in this regard: the west tower, with 563 units and the east tower with 472 units would each have 7 elevators, meaning 1 elevator for every 80.4 and 67.4 units respectively, impressively under the 1 elevator per 100 unit threshold, promising very good elevator service.

Count me nearly gobsmacked, those are very good ratios! Thank you Madison Group!

I wonder how they plan to build the pedestrian access connecting Eglington to Roehampton when there's currently a parking tunnel between 77 and 89 Roehampton?

The breadth of the sidewalk along Eglinton is outstanding and seems very welcoming. It's a nice change from the massive sidewalk encroaching podiums that have been the trend for more than a decade. The building design (exteriors) with extending red colonades create a sharp clean elevation. The amenities and public space sound superb as well, and the elevator count alone will attract many interested buyers, I'm certain. Great project for midtown. if it gets built in this form.

The breaks on the place where architecture goes to die where applied heavily here. And how, goodness...

Back