News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Damn. Olivia Chow is really on a roll. CafeTO has been more smooth, garbage bins have been improved, a second pothole blitz…

She’s really trying to ensure that people feel that those tax dollars are delivering tangible improvements to their day-to-day. Smart.
Is CafeTO rolling out? I haven't seen any signs of it anywhere yet.

Is CafeTO rolling out? I haven't seen any signs of it anywhere yet.

Same here.

I wonder if the behind the scenes admin costs have limited participation this year.

This may be a blessing in disguise however for some street festivals though if I am not mistaken, Taste of the Danforth was canceled for this year?

@Towered @Richard White

“ As she applied for a temporary summer patio in front of her cosy Junction cocktail bar, Marlene Thorne had one thought: Please let this go more smoothly this year.

This year? It was a relative breeze, Thorne, other business owners and industry associations say, even though the number of applications fell by 13 per cent.”

“ This year, said Kiru, is already shaping up to be a substantial improvement. Already, roughly 75 per cent of the 320 applications received by the March 1 deadline have been processed, Kiru said. And the city says it's on target to have all but a handful of applications processed within the next few weeks.”

And yes, far fewer applications this year because of fees, and also less pressure to have seating.

Looks like the next conservative tempest-in-teacup may be over Toronto’s request for drug decriminalization made last year.

Last edited:
Media Advisory

May 2, 2024

City of Toronto and Government of Canada to provide funding update for hosting FIFA World Cup 26™

Mayor Olivia Chow and Carla Qualtrough, Federal Minister of Sport and Physical Activity, will provide an update at Toronto Stadium (BMO Field) at Exhibition Place as they announce federal funding for the FIFA World Cup 26™ (FWC26). Joining them will be Neil Lumsden, Ontario’s Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport. This funding commitment will help Toronto gear up to host six matches during this global event.

Date: Friday, May 3

Time: 8:30 a.m.

Location: Toronto Stadium (BMO Field) at Exhibition Place, 170 Princes' Blvd.

Media Entrance: Gate 5 (parking off Princes’ Blvd. at south side of the building) Contingency plan for inclement weather: BMO Club - Gate 2 (parking lot off of Nova Scotia Ave.) On-site media contact: Nadia Araujo, Communications Advisor, nadia.araujo@toronto.ca, 416.892.9155

Though it is good to see that the City covers graffiti, it might be good if they tried to match the background colour! This on the Bathurst Bridge would look far better if they had not used "concrete colour' paint but had come with some black! (Yes, I know they can't have lots of colours but many City things are painted black.)
IMG_2636[1].JPG

AH something tells me Bens reading this wrong
The physical expense reports im reading say only $9300 it says 16,000 because they submitted the same expense reports for him and his staffer

In any case its a bad look upgrading to beamers, but the guy got ripped off by the car rental agency, so many fees, cleaning fees, theft protection late return, roadside assistance "vehicle pull fee" WTF is that
those alone cost more than the bmw upgrade.

Thats beside the point, Theres valid critiques here like not using the train when it exists or going a few days early and going to an Airbnb instead of a hotel with an event discount.

All of those can be added as future policies, I saw a note in the council vote saying staff is coming in q4 on a report about future procedures

but honestly theres really not much you can do when you have to add $5000 to rebook flights.

If I was him id be going to the media about that. If he actually got to the gate an hour early and they denied him due to overbooking, Theres no way he doesn't get reimbursed right?

Also ben didn't actually read the itinerary since the conference events started on the 13th. they arrived on the 10th not as bad as the full week early hes trying to paint

remember as long as its under $7000 for reasonable costs all this wouldn't matter

Back