IMG_2340.jpeg

Lots of work going on in the the lower mechanical level. Too bad I can't get a better:( They hauled up some sort of tank today but I'm not sure what it's for. It could be for storm water management, as per a photo I found on Hyland's website.

View attachment 562895View attachment 562896View attachment 562897View attachment 562898View attachment 562899View attachment 562900View attachment 562901
That was a long seven weeks to finish that level. Almost twice as long as the first (17th) and second (37th) mechanical levels. Way to go SKYGRiD!!

Photos taken today, Friday (May 10). Since my last post a week ago, work at the top continues on the 3rd mechanical levels, floors 58 and 59, while the blue corner forms have moved up to around the top of the most recent set of hangers, around floor 51. Presumably the corner forms will stay there until the top gets up to level 60 and the top blue forms reveal the attachment points at level 56 for the next set of hangers. The Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) had some movement, with the west RCS joining the east and north RCSs at floor 24. And the mini RCS on the south side by the crane column jumped up several levels to the 21st floor. The south face shows the most change since last week, with cladding now mostly installed up to level 24 and some glass now in on level 25.

Starting with my Flickr "time-lapse" album update, the beauty shot from the NE corner of Yonge and Bloor, then the view from the south, with some of the blue forms at top on the west side now higher, and the crane also taller since last week's post from me. Some shots of the south side and SE corner, then looking up from the SW side and a crew working on the 1st mechanical level on the west side. The view from in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor, just to the west, followed by the near-diagonal perspective from Cumberland east of Bay. Shots from Bloor and Yonge, to the east, finally with shots from Bloor and Bedford and from Queen's Park Crescent West, just north of Hoskin.

UTIMG_5915.jpg
UTIMG_6065.jpg
UTIMG_6048.jpg
UTIMG_6097.jpg
UTIMG_5991.jpg
UTIMG_6129.jpg
UTIMG_5738.jpg
UTIMG_5788.jpg
UTIMG_5819.jpg
UTIMG_5850.jpg
UTIMG_5950.jpg
UTIMG_5976 copy.jpg
UTIMG_5737.jpg
UTIMG_6157.jpg

Yeah it had been about 5 months since I saw it last week in person and it's totally spectacular and gorgeous. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it's gets build to the approved height. It will be a shame if a stunning building like this that got a rare approval for such height doesn't reach it's potential.

Back