• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Nightly delivery of windows - tonight. Copying The One with the angled steel.

New air handling unit lift to the top. Thursday

Garage ramp work still in progress - tonight.
I wonder if that gas line riser through the corner of the ramp is temporary or to be boxed in. Not a good location for trucks turning. It was moved there ~3-6? months ago to this location. It must be an in-term location.

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2324.jpeg

If anyone is wondering, the angled steel used for steel buildings is called “diagonal bracing”. It is used to help distribute the forces caused by wind and prevents the structure from buckling.
True, but in this case it is also transferring very large vertical loads to the core of the building due to its cantilever over the railway corridor.

This will be a big load. I have asked CIBC Square a few times if the new bridge over Yonge will have a view of the tracks. No positive response yet. The crash wall does not cross Yonge St. so there is hope for a good view.

This rendering doesn’t really show off the cantilever from The Esplanade at Yonge St.

The GO Train operators and the CIBC Park users will really appreciate the view. The Backstage and Ltower 2nd floor gym users will have the best view. (if the windows were cleaned)

Maybe the work platform under the cantilevered portion will be removed before the new bridge arrives.

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_6512.jpeg

Rendering from the UT database
IMG_2340.jpeg

There might be some views over the crash wall closer to The Backstage. Possible slates to view through the glass from the SPA images below. Hopefully it’s a glass roof like the Bay St north bridge and not the south bridge. That is nice too thou.
IMG_2036.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1797.png

Great finds! I’m very curious to know where you found these figures.
From the city’s site plan application. Good luck!

If you find the correct site and file name. Site Plan Approvals end in SA.
Under supporting documents, I download the architectural plans for projects I’m interested in. Lots of other interesting bed time reading stuff there.

I think the city closes the file once everything is approved from their standpoint.

Click on this link as an example.
1 Front St W
I think 141 Bay St is closed at a quick glance. I downloaded these a few years ago.

Main map page. Don’t loose this.

Edit. Now your task is to find the interconnecting parking drawing for 1 Front and 141 Bay. :).

IMG_2346.png

From the city’s site plan application. Good luck!

If you find the correct site and file name. Site Plan Approvals end in SA.
Under supporting documents, I download the architectural plans for projects I’m interested in. Lots of other interesting bed time reading stuff there.

I think the city closes the file once everything is approved from their standpoint.

Click on this link as an example.
1 Front St W
I think 141 Bay St is closed at a quick glance. I downloaded these a few years ago.

Main map page. Don’t loose this.

Edit. Now your task is to find the interconnecting parking drawing for 1 Front and 141 Bay. :).

View attachment 571932
Hmm, I’m familiar with the AIC and I had a look into architectural plans on this one but never noticed these details for the east end PATH extension. Guess I missed the opportunity but I’ll take a look around again later. Thanks!

There might be some views over the crash wall closer to The Backstage. Possible slates to view through the glass from the SPA images below. Hopefully it’s a glass roof like the Bay St north bridge and not the south bridge. That is nice too thou.
View attachment 571921

View attachment 571918

View attachment 571926

View attachment 571922

View attachment 571923
Not sure if we’ll have a clear view, as the bridge that crosses Bay St that was built along with phase 1, doesn’t have any windows facing north towards the tracks. It has windows facing south only. Not sure if that one was built with a crash wall. This bridge is on the opposite side of the tracks, we know it’ll have windows facing north, but they might put a mirror design like they did with the other bridge. The bridge that is currently under construction at Bay St north of the tracks that will connect phase 2, seems to have windows facing north along with south views of the tracks. Hopefully they can do that with this bridge?

Back