News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Ok, what's next? Making it three lanes Westbound/Eastbound from Whitemud to Calgary Trail/Gateway Blvd Interchange?

Ok, what's next? Making it three lanes Westbound/Eastbound from Whitemud to Calgary Trail/Gateway Blvd Interchange?
I’ve got two things on my wishlist: widening the southeast leg (maybe with the addition of an interchange at 34th Ave) and building a full interchange at Heritage Valley Trail (will clear up traffic at Rabbit Hill interchange, easier access to park’n’ride, especially for airport shuttle bus.

The Southeast section? Yes sir indeed! That leg is brutal - all the overpasses have to be doubled....once again,....the province tripping over 20 dollar bills while they pick up dimes...

The Southeast section? Yes sir indeed! That leg is brutal - all the overpasses have to be doubled....once again,....the province tripping over 20 dollar bills while they pick up dimes...

Maybe I'm recalling the details incorrectly, but wasn't one of the features of the P3 contract for Henday supposed to be the province paying the consortium X amount per year, and the consortium is responsible for maintenance and upgrades when traffic reaches certain thresholds?

Seems like the SE leg should be at or past that point now..

Seems Henday EB is a logjam every morning from Rabbit Hill to Calgary Trail. Should have extended the third lane to Gateway or 91st.
It backs up but it only adds 5 min to my commute. But they could use another lane from Rabbit hill to 91st. What really screws things up is the ass hats that drive in the left lane then slam on the breaks to make the Calgary Trail exit. Driving from St Al Trail to 91st is easy before 7am but at 715 the traffic builds but is gone by 8:30. There is more of a hold up north bound at 111 ave. In the afternoon the commute back is relatively easy but there are a lot of Left lane tourists.
On average my commute is 28 min. longest was 35. My commute downtown to 9888 Jasper was on average 50 min, logets was 1.5 hours. I could ride my bike in 55 min.

It backs up but it only adds 5 min to my commute. But they could use another lane from Rabbit hill to 91st. What really screws things up is the ass hats that drive in the left lane then slam on the breaks to make the Calgary Trail exit. Driving from St Al Trail to 91st is easy before 7am but at 715 the traffic builds but is gone by 8:30. There is more of a hold up north bound at 111 ave. In the afternoon the commute back is relatively easy but there are a lot of Left lane tourists.
On average my commute is 28 min. longest was 35. My commute downtown to 9888 Jasper was on average 50 min, logets was 1.5 hours. I could ride my bike in 55 min.
oh agreed about that Calgary trail southbound exit, not many realize there are 2 lanes.

a proper intersection at 141st/Hertitage valley would also help...

Back