News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I took a little walk around the wasteland yesterday.

_DSC3320.jpg

_DSC3319.jpg
_DSC3321.jpg
_DSC3322.jpg

_DSC3323.jpg

_DSC3326.jpg

_DSC3327.jpg

_DSC3328.jpg

_DSC3329.jpg

_DSC3330.jpg

_DSC3331.jpg

_DSC3332.jpg

_DSC3333.jpg

_DSC3334.jpg

_DSC3336.jpg

Thank you for that Harley, I rarely get out there so this was a treat. Who knew there was so many murals and colourful art pieces, nice! Hull definitely has potential but I think, just like Ottawa's CBD, was is missing is residential density. Sure this is improving slowly but surely but imagine if Ile de Hull was filled with Montreal-style walk-ups and mid-rises at the minimum (vs. a few towers and old single family homes).

Thank you for that Harley, I rarely get out there so this was a treat. Who knew there was so many murals and colourful art pieces, nice! Hull definitely has potential but I think, just like Ottawa's CBD, was is missing is residential density. Sure this is improving slowly but surely but imagine if Ile de Hull was filled with Montreal-style walk-ups and mid-rises at the minimum (vs. a few towers and old single family homes).
Downtown Hull is more like Centretown than the CBD, most SFH are actually multiple units stuffed full of students and younger professionals. Only the Terrasses-Portage axis is really a dead zone for office workers.

Of course you're right in the sense that it hollowed out since the 60s, it basically lost its city centre. However growth was over 20% last census, and with all the midrises under construction it will be even more than that on the next census.

Downtown Hull is more like Centretown than the CBD, most SFH are actually multiple units stuffed full of students and younger professionals. Only the Terrasses-Portage axis is really a dead zone for office workers.

Of course you're right in the sense that it hollowed out since the 60s, it basically lost its city centre. However growth was over 20% last census, and with all the midrises under construction it will be even more than that on the next census.
Loggia sur la Parc, Eleonore, a bunch of midrise and lowrise apartment buidlings, W/E2 and soon W/E3. Slowly, but surely, it's becoming a place to live.

Back