News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

And yet my praise of him goes unnoticed

Although I was quoting you, it was more some other people's comments I was thinking of...yours just reminded me of what I'd been thinking for a few days already. I didn't mean to imply that I was talking about only you...sorry if I gave that impression.

Creating rumours and expounding them as though they are true, is the typical lefty way of doing things.

Is that why most people in the city now believe that Miller wants to introduce tolls on the Gardiner? His enemies must be real lefties!

Give me a freak'n break Tommy. Why don't you mention Tory's highway robbery web-site? Talk about fear-mongering. Why don't you talk about Tory's latest tv ads where he talks about crime? Is it just a coincidence that the ads come out soon after the most recent high-profile crimes? Not just fear-mongering but damn cynical. Tory's campaign makes me sick.

"Creating rumours and expounding them as though they are true, is the typical lefty way of doing things."

I don't believe the left wing lies any more than the right wing does.

Borgos - I didn't mention Tory's highway robbery web-site because everyone else already did - quite a few times. And I agree it was a stupid thing.

I did mention the flyers depicting the 737-200's, because no one else on this forum mentioned those jets.

As to Tory's TV ads... they were created quite a while ago, and well before the recent high-profile crimes.

What baffles me though, is the way in which a lot of people would rather stick their heads in the ground, and pretend that absolutely nothing is wrong with respect to violent crime in this city. They keep trying to convince everyone that it's not a problem. Well, it is a problem... and it needs to be brought under control.

Take a look at the historical violent crime statistics for this city. Thats the best way to measure the trends. 15 years ago home invasions were unheard of. Now they're a common occurence. And gun violence has increased over 100% in the last year alone. It's something that the police have been warning about now for a while. Has anyone been listening to them?

I don't buy the anti-police-crime-isn't-that-bad bullshit that some people are trying to put forward.

Anti-police? Typical simple-minded response. Do you disagree with Tory? Then you must be anti-police. Let me tell you something, Tommy, I am truly offended by your comment. I'm fortunate to boast about having a great many police officers as friends and I am as pro-police as the next guy. Does that mean that we have to approach this issue with a closed mind? Should the police budget never come under scrutiny? How many more police officers are enough for you, Tommy? One, two thousand more? Should we sell the TTC, fire firefighters and public health nurses to fund a 100% increase in uniformed officers? Will that eliminate crime in Toronto forever? If not, will you still be advocating for more police because you don't "feel" safe? It's intersting to note that Chief Fantino has not asked for 400 more officers. Did Tory just come up with this number out of thin air?

Lastly, you say that Tory's crime ad was shot some time ago. When? What is your source?

"Anti-police? Typical simple-minded response. Do you disagree with Tory? Then you must be anti-police."

I was not referring to Tory nor Miller with my comments [Miller is pro-police and I'm fully aware of that] I went off on a tangent in my entry, and was referring to the comments I've been reading on this forum this last week about how crime in this city hasn't escalated at all, and is really not a problem.

"Tommy, I am truly offended by your comment."

No need to be. It was not directed at you.

"How many more police officers are enough for you, Tommy? One, two thousand more?"

Enough as is necessary to stomp out the gangs. Enough as is necessary to put a stop to the home invasions. Enough as is necessary to bring the levels down to the way they were when Toronto was known as "Toronto the Good". It may even turn out that No additional officers are needed to get the scum off the streets. But, atleast the Police will receive the attention and resources that they require... instead of being 'poo-poo'd' by the politicians, like they usually are.

"Lastly, you say that Tory's crime ad was shot some time ago. When? What is your source?"

Last month on CP24 they mentioned that Tory would be running a TV ad blitz. His pro-police/ anti-crime position has been firm since day one. His commercials have been running on TV now for a couple of weeks, and well before the recent well publicized violent crime sprees [Read about all the crap that went down yesterday and on the weekend www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20031105-007/page.asp ]

Anyways, if it was Miller running those ads, I am certain you would be in full support of them. The difference between you and I is, if Miller or Tory wins, I will be happy. You will only be happy if Miller wins.

I happen to feel that they are both honest, well qualified individuals who would serve this city well. I like Miller a lot. I also like Tory a lot.

Miller would not be running those ads. He has been consistent since day 1 in lamenting the manipulation of the public's fear of crime for patisan purposes. I agree with one thing you say, I would not be happy if Tory wins.

If the polls are true, then both you and I will be happy on election day, when Miller is elected as the new mayor of Toronto :)

I wish I were at the debate at night would have loved to chant "NDP! NDP!" after each time Miller spoke.
Were Tory's supporters doing the NDP chant? (Which would be pretty darned clever.) Or were Miller's? (In which case they might have unwittingly helped Tory).

Back