Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New App in on this prime real estate in mid-town.

1636487972028.png

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=tcSIVr1PXV4jXT00nYmU+w==

Streetview:

1636487936698.png

Aerial Pic:

1636487719121.png

Site Size: ~1750m2/19000ft2

PS, yes, the number of new applications in the last week is insane; but if I can keep up, so can you! LOL

Echo Sushi was the place to be for AYCE back in my high school days.

LMAO.....you're on a roll. for the last bit, if I post a new development thread, I just have to wait a few minutes for you to come along and tell me what you bought or ate in that building!

In another few hours @Towered will be by to tell us what illicit things went on that building in the 90s......

LOL

PS, yes, the number of new applications in the last week is insane; but if I can keep up, so can you! LOL

For anyone in the know, is this rush of applications just a coincidence and/or ordinary business rush to try to get things done before the end of the year, or is there something policy-related behind it? For instance, I remember there was a huge rush of applications in, if I recall correctly, December 2016 because of a pending change to development fees.

Last edited:
For anyone in the know, is this rush of applications just a coincident and/or ordinary business rush to try to get things done before the end of the year, or is there something policy-related behind it? For instance, I remember there was a huge rush of applications in, if I recall correctly, December 2016 because of a pending change to development fees.

Psst, Inclusionary Zoning...........incoming.

For anyone in the know, is this rush of applications just a coincident and/or ordinary business rush to try to get things done before the end of the year, or is there something policy-related behind it? For instance, I remember there was a huge rush of applications in, if I recall correctly, December 2016 because of a pending change to development fees.
a false rush to get ahead of inclusionary zoning to hedge risk that council could change the transition provisions.

Inclusionary zoning passed today without revisions to the proposed transition provisions, which means it won't apply to any developments filed before September 2022, so it's all for naught anyway. Expect another big rush next September to beat the real deadline, as well as a generally elevated level of applications in the interim as developers rush to get as much of their land pipeline as possible turned into active development applications to be exempted.

All the useless plan of subdivision applications filed over the last couple of months are now dead in the water as well, as expected, as they are no longer required to protect against IZ.

LMAO.....you're on a roll. for the last bit, if I post a new development thread, I just have to wait a few minutes for you to come along and tell me what you bought or ate in that building!

In another few hours @Towered will be by to tell us what illicit things went on that building in the 90s......

LOL
And someone will make wishes on a star about materials choices and future retail tenants. Such is the circle of life on UT.

LOL

Nah, that neighbourhood never had a scene. Boring.

Anyone know how long does it typically takes for the applicant's supporting documents to be available on the city's development application website?

Anyone know how long does it typically takes for the applicant's supporting documents to be available on the city's development application website?

It ranges.

Rarely but sometimes, as soon as 1 day; typically 2-3 weeks; but there's one we're still waiting on from 6 weeks ago.

It's crazy how late Toronto is regarding inclusionary zoning. Where has council been during the affordability crunch in the past 10 year boom?

On that note, Vancouver has had IZ since the late 80s but whatever the effect of it was couldn't reign in the property bubble

no docs but description is up

Zoning By-law amendment for a 14-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 2863 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 15683 square metres. 164 residential units are proposed.

Back