News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Poor Vlad, hiding away in the Kremlin pretending that some how, some way Russia will achieve its "goals".

Crimea is difficult to take back. And Ukraine just hasn't been given the resources. The best they can do is blockade Crimea and make holding it unbearably expensive for Russia.
I don't see Ukraine retaking Crimea in this 2nd (or third) Russo-Ukraine War. Once Ukraine has liberated to its pre-2022 borders along with the liberation of the Donbas, I think the West may start making noises about settling. Maybe Crimea needs to wait until the 3rd (or 4th) War, or until Russia collapses and Ukraine can just walk in during the dissarray, like the Russians did in 2014.

Last edited:
From Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ssia-to-chair-security-council-says-zelenskiy

13.21 BST

Russian forces affected by alcohol consumption, UK government assessment says​

Russian forces have seen an “extremely high” number of incidents – including deaths – attributed to drunkenness during the war, the UK’s Ministry of Defence has said in its daily briefing.

While Russia has suffered up to 200,000 casualties since its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, a significant minority of these have been due to non-combat causes.
On 27 March 2023, a Russian Telegram news channel reported there have been ‘extremely high’ numbers of incidents, crimes and deaths linked to alcohol consumption amongst the deployed Russian forces.
Other leading causes of non-combat casualties likely include poor weapon handing drills, road traffic accidents and climatic injuries such as hypothermia. Russian commanders likely identify pervasive alcohol abuse as particularly detrimental to combat effectiveness.
However, with heavy drinking pervasive across much of Russian society, it has long been seen as a tacitly accepted part of military life, even on combat operations.

I'm honestly disappointed Russian hostage diplomacy isn't getting more coverage. Evan's last piece on the crumbling Russian economy was fantastic.

Also, this looks like a follow up to the Biden Administration returning Viktor Bout (the arms dealer) for Brittany Griner (the basketball player). Now the Russians seem to think this tactic has suitable payoff.

I'm honestly disappointed Russian hostage diplomacy isn't getting more coverage. Evan's last piece on the crumbling Russian economy was fantastic.

The last WSJ journo kidnapped, Jamal Khashoggi ended up dead with the US government doing little. Let's hope the WSJ's Evan Gershkovich doesn't end up like the paper's Khashoggi or Daniel Pearl.

Back