I've checked out other condos in your "dataBase" section.(http://urbantoronto.ca/database)
But, i don't see more on any on these condos.(again, no conspiracy theory. I'm just saying)
Here r some links.

http://livehigh.com/scarborough/wexford-dorset_park/condo/2150_condos
http://www.condo-living-west.com/tobuzz/2011/11/toronto-2150-condos/

Since I'm doing my research anyway, I'm sure others would be interested, other the builders main site. discussion is good, and I personally also prefer long reading plus gives me more to ask about when meeting the sales people.

I know that place, but am surprised to hear what you are saying. I have two friends living there and they are very happy with the location, price and service. The condos I visited are large and designed very nicely.
Of course it's not 100% complete because the buildings are new and one of the still under construction...duh!
FYI: people move-in before the project is completed. That's like that with any new build.

A little bit of history from an owner if you will: in markham place 2nd phase occupancy started Dec 2010, closing in April 2011 and shortly thereafter construction ended with exception to PDIs and the faux water fountain in the courtyard that occurred in early summer. its been 100% complete for a long while and the developer along with property mgmt would tell you the same. Whether the owners would agree is a different story.

If you're referring to the third building well that's the commercial building and I think VHL is done with that too. Its mainly shop owners who are trying to customize their lots that make it look like construction is still happening.

As reviews go Markham place was great due to price and location(lively intersection, right on exit to 401, STC, Morningside shopping centre). Quality: you get what you pay for.

As for this project: the prices are higher, the quality will probably be the same i.e. they're going to make the same mistake with sharing amenities with all 3 buildings and the ground parking will be inadequate for visitors. But worst of all is the location. It is horrid. Far from 401 and vic park is NOT close to Birchmount not sure what measurements you're using.

For investment or just living I'd stay away the RE climate will be different in Dec 2013(which will NOT be the closing date :rolleyes:)

Easy access to highway

You say it's not close Birchmount, but isn't it right ON Lawrence and Birchmount? For taking 401, it would be easier just to take warden, which is actually still not too far. And is also close to DVP. and Well you can't walk to 401, but you won't be walking anyway. It took me about 3 minutes(by car) :)

Project completion Fall/Winter 2013

Any idea how sales are going otherwise and when construction will start?

When I went to their sales office, I was told that sales are going very well.
I see on their site that one of their 2 bedroom models are sold out.
But it's best to contact them.
http://2150condos.com/contact.php

And to my knowledge completion date is set for Fall/Winter 2013.

Not sure if anyone was having the same problems I ad viewing the image.
I've attached it here. If people are planning to purchase , I guess you can wait till Feb18.
419578_332283110147657_288870831155552_964950_1610411053_n.jpg

Lots of freebies. Wonder if sales are slow or if they just want to get in the ground quickly. Any one know the percentage of sales on the first phase?

Last edited:
Well afterall it is not exactly in the most desirable neighbhourhood, and the location itself (Lawrence/Birchmount) does not make it easy access to Highway nor subway, plus VHL is a small builder with not exactly a stellar portfolio (ie: Markham Place)

Well afterall it is not exactly in the most desirable neighbhourhood, and the location itself (Lawrence/Birchmount) does not make it easy access to Highway nor subway, plus VHL is a small builder with not exactly a stellar portfolio (ie: Markham Place)

Stumbled upon in here because my friend who's looking for a condo mentioned this project. It's actually not too far from Lawrence East LRT (1.4Km according to Google), so it's walkable or at least a short bus ride (though I'd rather goto Lawrence Station on the Yonge Line).

Haven't heard much about VHL, but I'll take your word regarding their portfolio.

Just checked the website, the prices posted at the start of the thread have been updated (Studio was 635 SqFt at $188K, now its listed at 427SqFt for $188K). At $300/SqFt I would consider it despite the location and builder. However at $440/SqFt, there are better choices out there.

Also 47.5 cents for maint fee is pretty optomistic even with shared amenities.

I'm thinking pass.

Back