News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Lobbyist Registry, we learn that Smart Centre would like these Keele Properties to be rezoned from Employments Lands in service of redevelopment.

These two commercial properties, on the east side of Keele about 1/2 way between Sheppard and Finch.

Aerial Pic:

1646352653591.png

Site Size: ~ 2 hectares/5 acres

Streetview:

1646352743175.png

Also this lot to the south of the plaza:

1646352794772.png

Surprised to see this being developed, although it is exciting to see what is planned. My only concern would be the loss of the No Frills - I hope it would have a spot in the new development. It is critical for grocery shopping in the area.

Reactions: PMT
Surprised to see this being developed, although it is exciting to see what is planned. My only concern would be the loss of the No Frills - I hope it would have a spot in the new development. It is critical for grocery shopping in the area.

We're not there quite yet, as the City generally lacks enthusiasm for Employment Lands conversion.

But assuming this goes forward; I would expect the NF to remain, the site is more than large enough to support phased development in which a new NF is built before the old one is torn down as well.

Alternatively, a relocation is certainly possible w/other development prospects nearby.

Yes, the downsview park / keele and finch area has a lot of development planned, it is really incredible

Reactions: PMT

Back