Nothing in specific from me - although I think we all would like to poke the builder regarding the blinds. Thanks for reaching out.

Is this meetiing a secret? there is no announcement in the building.
Everybody,
We will have our first board meeting this coming Monday, April 18. Are there any specific issues you want me to raise? I welcome any input from you guys!
Manfred

Everybody,
We will have our first board meeting this coming Monday, April 18. Are there any specific issues you want me to raise? I welcome any input from you guys!
Manfred

Hi Manfred

How did the meeting go? and info regarding Blindgate?

re Filters Not too long after Nicole posted here about the filters, we got a notice about them coming in to change them. I wonder if that is a coincidence or not?
Personally, I would rather change the filters myself instead of having to move all my furniture and leave it out of place for the two weeks they require. Even Rogers gives windows in hour increments not days/weeks, so this further inconvenience is yet another reason I am annoyed with them.

re Roseanne. She really was unhelpful to me at first, but lately she has been more reasonable.

re Guest rooms Has anybody used them and have any comments about them?

Re blinds I love that you called it blindgate!! I am still waiting for closure on this matter.

Hey everybody!!! =D

I'm getting my keys Monday!!! Yea!! Anyhow, I'm looking to rent my parking space out...anyone interested? PM or e-mail me...bchan911@gmail.com!!!

Look forward to getting to know you guys!!!

Cheers!!!

Is this meetiing a secret? there is no announcement in the building.

Of course the meetings are no secrets and I will make it a topic at the next board meeting which will take place on May 12. So far, the policy is that only owners are entitled to know what is going on in the building and what decisions have been made by the board who represents the owners only and not renters. My position is, and therefore I will ask to change that policy, that every person living in this great place, owner or renter, should be informed about all items that effect both owners and renters. It is no secret that John Dorion became President, Rocky Vice President, I became Treasurer, the position I was looking for.

Hi Manfred

How did the meeting go? and info regarding Blindgate?

The first meeting was mostly about elections within the board, administrative stuff, future performance and financial audits, code of ethics for board members etc. I am planning to put some topics you and I feel strong about on the agenda for the next meeting on May 12. The blinds, furnace filter change, secretiveness of board meetings and decisions, bicycle storage will be a few of them. Any other comments are welcome!

re Filters Not too long after Nicole posted here about the filters, we got a notice about them coming in to change them. I wonder if that is a coincidence or not?
Personally, I would rather change the filters myself instead of having to move all my furniture and leave it out of place for the two weeks they require. Even Rogers gives windows in hour increments not days/weeks, so this further inconvenience is yet another reason I am annoyed with them.

the board was involved at the first meeting. You have a valid point though with the long window, this will be addressed in the next meeting.

re Roseanne. She really was unhelpful to me at first, but lately she has been more reasonable.

re Guest rooms Has anybody used them and have any comments about them?

Re blinds I love that you called it blindgate!! I am still waiting for closure on this matter.

I will try to get an answer to blindgate at the next meeting!

Board meeting minutes are typically made available for review at the security desk of a building.

Welcome BCHAN

ATTN: Those with a South-facing unit.

Looks like we're getting a 38 floor condo in front of us where the Beaver gas station used to be.

Sigh....

here we go :-(

159 WELLESLEY ST E
OPA / Rezoning 11 184584 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Apr 29, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new 38 storey mixed use building complete with retail at grade and 327 residential units above.

In my opinion far too tall on this relatively small footprint. Maybe we all should get in touch with our City Councillor to raise concern. A new building at teh South-West corner should stay in line with the buildings at the other corners of that intersection to give the area a bit more character. But then, when did the City of Toronto ever had a vision???

Yeah, 38 storey seems way too large for that space; a boutique condo maybe.

Screen Door on Patio Too Small

Is anyone else having issues with the screen door on their patio? Mine was identified as not closing properly on the PDI. A quick examindation shows it was incorrectly manufactured. It simply can't reach to the latch and has gaps at the bottom.

Anyone else has this issue? Makes for a pain to use my patio this summer.

Back