Address a letter to the board explaining your issues (include pics) and drop it off at property management. All letters are reviewed at the meetings, so I will look for yours.

Although it doesn't justify shoddy workmanship, please understand that the reason the super is given "first shot" to any repair work is for budgetary considerations. If we make always make service calls for every repair, fees will go up.

However, I do have an issue with the super (our employee) attempting to do work that may be covered under the building's warranty. I will bring this up next meeting.

RE: Roof Top Terrace
- Yes, it is a let-down. I will bring this issue up as well. Normally the builder could just pull out the "artist's rendering" line, but the text on the marketing material does reference a "water wall" and "dramatic fireplace". They didn't commit to any greenery though....

I think "elegantly landscaped" usually implies greenery!

What about the other issues mentioned previously, the upkeep of the building and building PDI? Is that done? Working on it?
It's just over a year and there are lots of things that need to be taken care of.

What about the other issues mentioned previously, the upkeep of the building and building PDI? Is that done? Working on it?
It's just over a year and there are lots of things that need to be taken care of.

We can definitely try to claim greenery on the PDI (General Inspection). It doesn't mean we'll get it, but why not try.

Currently, we are awaiting an outstanding quote from one of the inspection engineering companies we have contacted.

We can definitely try to claim greenery on the PDI (General Inspection). It doesn't mean we'll get it, but why not try.

Currently, we are awaiting an outstanding quote from one of the inspection engineering companies we have contacted. After we receive it, things will move quicker. Once we hire a company, and they generate a list of deficiencies, I can supplement the list with items mentioned in this thread.

Since we're talking landscaping...do you think you could mention the fact that the grass around all the pedestrian walkways are dead from the overuse of salt on the walkways over the winter?!? This is true for pretty much all the grass surrounding the entire building. Looks awful, cause now there are weeds growing through them. The James Cooper Mansion grass looks amazing...But we're of course not in grass wars or anything with them ;)

Also some of the shrubs and plants didn't seem to last through the winter, and are either all dead or half dead. A bit of an eyesore in the landscaping front...=P...Just a note for anybody who cares...

P.S. @Sweetsuite...They once entered my unit without prior notice to fix some items on my PDI just after I got possession of my place. The contractor had the brains to saw tile inside my unit when I have a hugepatio outside my front door to saw tile with. Needless to say I came home the next day to fine dust covering my entire unit. I could use my finger to write dirty comments on my stove, floor and countertops, it was that covered!!! It was awful...I had just cleaned my unit the previous day, and spent another day re-cleaning the entire unit. Took years off my life. Just sucks, cause a lot of the dust was all over open food/groceries, and all over brand new furniture/couch and fabrics I bought. I was kind of pissed. Complained to management/PDI office and they have been pretty good since. I set the alarm now when I leave cause they don't know the passcode to that, and I make sure I'm here when they need to fix things.

P.P.S. Are they filming out on Lourdes Lane?!? Lots of trucks there today...=D...exciting!!!

B-Chan

Last edited:
Hi Klaus,

How do I send a letter to the board? I cc'd you (from an email address you gave me previously) that was sent to Roseanne. I am not impressed with Roseanne in the 2 most recent dealings I have had with her and I know some older posts here have communicated displeasure. Just wondering if anything has been addressed in any board meetings.

Thanks
Heidi

Hey Heidi,

Klaus said this in a previous post "Address a letter to the board explaining your issues (include pics) and drop it off at property management. All letters are reviewed at the meetings, so I will look for yours."

Re: Roseanne. I don't interact with her frequently, but she has been fine with me lately, though we had some problems in the past.

RE: Roof Top Terrace
- Yes, it is a let-down. I will bring this issue up as well. Normally the builder could just pull out the "artist's rendering" line, but the text on the marketing material does reference a "water wall" and "dramatic fireplace". They didn't commit to any greenery though....

At my last condo we went after the developer in the PDI over the underwhelming landscaping and rooftop terrace (along with other issues & deficiencies) based on renderings and descriptions in the sales literature. Turns out that unless it's described in the any of the legal docs. you don't have a chance, sales materials mean nothing. Year two and three we budgeted $2500 per year for these areas and formed a gardening committee. They bought tons of perennials, soil, fertilizer, mulch and such, removed many of the bushes/hedges and they did a stunning job.

At my last condo we went after the developer in the PDI over the underwhelming landscaping and rooftop terrace (along with other issues & deficiencies) based on renderings and descriptions in the sales literature. Turns out that unless it's described in the any of the legal docs. you don't have a chance, sales materials mean nothing.

How can sales and marketing material mean nothing? It is false advertising, which can be investigated by Consumer Affairs Canada.

Regarding dealings with Roseanne: She was nasty to me when I moved in, and was poor in interactions after I moved in. In the latest interaction she violated my privacy by making an unsolicited call at a number that she had never been given permission to use.

Personally I haven't had any problems with Roseanne but I don't think she keeps up with what is happening in the building. I've had to remind her of things several times, things that I shouldn't have to tell her about to begin with. Anyone notice they finally repaired the hole in wallpaper outside Yoga room after about 2 months.And how long does it take to repair an intercom system? It's brand new why is it broken to begin with?

Regarding Patio/Terrace, it sucks if it's true we can't do anything if not in legal docs. If you look at Verve and X condos patios they aren't fabulous but a hell of a lot nicer than ours. There is greenery besides the fact they have a pool of course. But ours is boring, not all furniture have cushions, I moved one of the lounge chairs and the leg came off! Why? Because whoever assembled them didn't put screw in right place.
On the whole a big disappointment.

Perhaps legally we can't do anything about the false advertising of the appearance and amenities of the terrace. However, it just reflects extremely poorly on the ethics of Times Group that they engage in such false advertising.

And regarding 500 Sherbourne in general, and not just focusing on the terrace (yet another way Times Group has proved themselves to be unworthy of my money): People (friends, colleagues) have asked me about my experience owning at 500 Sherbourne. They have been amazed at the poor review and all of the specific details I provide regarding my vast range of negative experiences with so many aspects of living in a home built and managed by Times Group Corporation. I will never buy a home from Times Group again.

re taxes Has anybody received a 2011 property tax bill yet? Or have any idea when we can expect the bills to start arriving? Thanks.

re taxes Has anybody received a 2011 property tax bill yet? Or have any idea when we can expect the bills to start arriving? Thanks.

My lawyer told me that the property taxes will not be assessed until 2 years after closing or some mumbo jumbo like that. At that time, the taxes will be assessed retroactively and I would get a bill for 2 years of accumulated taxes. She suggested I put aside a bit of money every month to prepare for that lump sum payment. I have been following that good advice. The tax estimate the builder charged you in your occupancy fees is probably a good enough estimate for how much should be put aside each month.

It took a year or so at my last condo before I got a city tax bill. I guess that they just don't want our money.

Back