Jumping in elevators? Really? Is it such a prevalent problem that we needed a patronizing mass email notice about it? LOL.

Yes. In one incident, the fire department had to be called to "rescue" the morons within. This call costs A LOT.

I will again echo twoys4u sentiments - Roseanne made my life a living hell with her fooling about with my closing date and taking possession of the keys. Completely unprofessional and unwelcome.

Overall its a good building. I've compared to X, Verve, Casa, and Bloor St Neighborhood and by far 500 is better in many ways. They missed an opportunity to make a great building though. They skimped on some things and I think the designer and architect were a bit out of it when they put balconies looking into your neighbors 2nd bedroom, the kitchen layouts(not functional for smaller units) and the 5th floor patio to name a few.
The property manager is a real detriment to the building. She isn't on top of things and like many of you have said she doesn't know how to treat people. Customer service is lacking. The guys at the desk are very nice. The PDI guy no comment.

ALL RESIDENTS FILL OUT YOUR PERFORMANCE AUDIT QUESTIONNAIRE AND HAND IT IN BY TUESDAY, SEP. 13th!​

it's important stuff.

ALL RESIDENTS FILL OUT YOUR PERFORMANCE AUDIT QUESTIONNAIRE AND HAND IT IN BY TUESDAY, SEP. 13th!​

Roy, I agree that it is "important stuff."

However, the reality is that we have a unprofessional and incompetent Property Manager.
I think it's important to note that the forms must be submitted to THEM, and not an independent group.
THEY can then go through the forms, vet them accordingly, and therefore control what information get to Tarion.

Given their general unhelpful behaviour, not to mention their unethical practices, I have zero confidence that these forms will be processed in an honest manner.

Therefore I fail to see the point in completing the form.

Can you submit (via CC) to Tarion to ensure your issues are noted on file ??

I filled my form in and sent it over a week ago. There were a lot of issues. Let's see what happens. If Tarion receives it as they are supposed to, I should get a response from them based on what I wrote.

As far as our 'incompetent and unprofessional property manager' goes, she has been extra nice and cordial to me lately because she's had to eat her words. Last month she informed me that she had consulted the Condo Corporation's lawyer to find out if our maintenance fees covered our A/C units / heat pumps. This is right after I photocopied our purchase of agreement and I highlighted the part that our maintenance fees covered right in front of Beth to inform Roseanne. Roseanne felt that our agreement should be ignored. In the end, Roseanne's boss informed me that what the Condo lawyer said matched what our purchase of agreement stated. I don't understand why she had to dispute our purchase of agreement which was written by big shot lawyers namely Delzotto, Zorzi, et al. Was this really necessary? She hates to be wrong.

Roy, I agree that it is "important stuff."

However, the reality is that we have a unprofessional and incompetent Property Manager.
I think it's important to note that the forms must be submitted to THEM, and not an independent group.
THEY can then go through the forms, vet them accordingly, and therefore control what information get to Tarion.

Given their general unhelpful behaviour, not to mention their unethical practices, I have zero confidence that these forms will be processed in an honest manner.

Therefore I fail to see the point in completing the form.

I understand you have had bad experiences, but I will suggest that your are being overly-paranoid. The forms actually have nothing directly to do with Tarion. They are a tool being used by SPG, the 3rd party engineering firm who are performing the common elements performance audit on our building. They will do their own inspection, but they can add focus to their inspection based on owner-input provided by these questionnaires. Their report will be reviewed by the board, and submitted to Tarion.

At this point, property management has received very few responses, which is a shame. Tomorrow, I will assemble my own list by reviewing issues brought up in this thread, and performing my own exterior inspection of the building.

I realize that several people feel that the property manager is simply a mole for the builder, but keep in mind that the board is very weary of this, and parties will be held accountable if any evidence of an inappropriate action was to present itself. No property manager is going to keep everyone happy. There will always be complaints. If a certain threshold is reached, the situation will be addressed. From my casual conversations with board members, I can say that they are aware of "service" related complaints, but are generally satisfied with her performance so far.

Can you submit (via CC) to Tarion to ensure your issues are noted on file ??

No. The issues should exclusively be related to common elements, so it is the condo corp making a submission to Tarion.

I filled my form in and sent it over a week ago. There were a lot of issues. Let's see what happens. If Tarion receives it as they are supposed to, I should get a response from them based on what I wrote.

What kind of issues?

Tarion will never and should never see your questionnaire. It is a tool for the engineering firm doing the performance audit. If there are issues with common elements located within your unit, the firm may want to enter your unit at some point to investigate. Owners should inspect their balconies, hallways, exterior walls (from their balconies), windows, parking stalls, landscaping, lockers, amenities etc

Everyone should keep in mind that we're basically doing a PDI on the common elements. Aesthetic issues will only be fair game if we can prove they existed before the condo was turned over. This inspection mainly focuses on structural and distribution system issues.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=Roy G Biv;557023

What kind of issues?

During the winter months my walls are freezing to the touch. I have to crank up the heat which causes my hydro bill to skyrocket. My windows build moisture/condensation and when the outside temperature dips very low, eg. -12+, frost builds around the windows. Kyle's original response to this was to increase my heat temperature. I don't think my walls should feel that cold. If this were in a house it would feel like there was no insulation whatsoever.
There have been repetitive leaks in the a/c units over the past 2 1/2 months. I know of one incident which damaged my neighbour's flooring. I am aware that all a/c units are being serviced this month. Hopefully this repairs the poor systems along my line in the building. Also at least once every season the pump malfunctions and I have either no heat in the winter for a week or no air conditioning in the summer for days. I feel like a refugee when that happens.

During the winter months my walls are freezing to the touch. I have to crank up the heat which causes my hydro bill to skyrocket. My windows build moisture/condensation and when the outside temperature dips very low, eg. -12+, frost builds around the windows. Kyle's original response to this was to increase my heat temperature. I don't think my walls should feel that cold. If this were in a house it would feel like there was no insulation whatsoever.
There have been repetitive leaks in the a/c units over the past 2 1/2 months. I know of one incident which damaged my neighbour's flooring. I am aware that all a/c units are being serviced this month. Hopefully this repairs the poor systems along my line in the building. Also at least once every season the pump malfunctions and I have either no heat in the winter for a week or no air conditioning in the summer for days. I feel like a refugee when that happens.

These are exactly the kind of issues the engineering firm needs to be aware of. I'm glad you filled out the questionnaire. At what temperature do you keep your unit in the winter?

The leaking HVAC issue is ongoing, and from what I've been told, is priority number 1 for the board right now. It will be investigated as part of the performance audit. The biggest issue right now is what is causing the leak, and who is liable (developer vs. service company vs. manufacturer). You need proof to make any legal argument, and this is what will be collected. The corporations lawyers have already done work on the issue.

In the winter, depending on how cold it is, I'll set my temperature between 24-26C. I can handle wearing layers so my hydro bill doesn't go too high. On the other hand, if I'm having guests over, I'll have it around 26-27C for their comfort. When I leave my unit, I lower it to 20C. Kyle told me to never turn it completely off so that my windows don't freeze.

I have to crank up the heat which causes my hydro bill to skyrocket.

these condos have electric heat?
Don't they have a central heating/cooling plant to supply the heatpumps in each unit?

Their report will be reviewed by the board, and submitted to Tarion.

Regarding Tarion: the letter accompanying the survey said that the end client was Tarion. Perhaps it is clear to you that Tarion would not receive our surveys directly, but it certainly was not clear to all of us. I do note your statement "report will be reviewed by the board, and submitted to Tarion." Again, what guarantee do we have that Tarion will receive the full report and documents? The builder and the property manager are not to be trusted, as evidenced by their previous and current inappropriate and unethical behaviour.

I realize that several people feel that the property manager is simply a mole for the builder, but keep in mind that the board is very weary of this, and parties will be held accountable if any evidence of an inappropriate action was to present itself. No property manager is going to keep everyone happy.

Yes, it seems like the vast majority of people posting on this forum have an issue with the property manager, and the builders as well. And it is my sincere opinion that these opinions are justified.

Do we need to bring up the whole blinds issue again? Remember how Times Group tried to bully us into paying for blinds that they installed without our consent? And let's not forget that the price they attempted to charge was ridiculous and overinflated for the quality of the blinds.

Are you saying the board is "getting weary" of owners voicing their concerns? If so, I say "too bad", we have a right to complain when we receive poor service or attempts are made to ignore the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, or we are otherwise misled or lied to. I will continue to voice my concerns and complaints when justified, and I hope that every other owner will do the same.

What do you mean by "parties will be held accountable if any evidence of an inappropriate action was to present itself" It sounds like you basically telling owners to take no action regarding their complaints and concerns. Or am I misinterpreting what you are getting at here?

Back