Computers usually don't use that much electricity. It's appliances and A/C. Therefore having your A/C on all the time will cause it. As for flooring problems, you could speak to the PDI guy, Reza, for advice. I usually find my place really dry. My skin gets very parched. I use my humidifier right through till almost the end of spring. I have never experienced this kind of dryness in a house. Why would my place be dry and your place be humid? It doesn't make sense.
I don't know what the cracking noise is. I hear strange sounds in my place too but it's not my floors. I could hear conversations from the patio coming from my kitchen vent fan. How is that possible? My place is haunted. Haha....or the vent fan leads to the patio. It's nice to know that everyone's conversations are private. :)

the highest my hydro bill has ever been was $40.00ish. Usually it is in the low 30s...I even got it down to $28 last month. I too turn off the air when I leave during the day...it really does make a difference.

wow that is low, will prob see a difference now the weather doesn't necessitate the AC being on, and will try and use appliances at night and see how that goes, thanks all for your reply's.

Doesn't this building have a central heating/cooling plant?

No it doesn't.
I have a 2 bedroom, when I first moved in my bill was over a hundred. There was some issue with the meter. It was adjusted. Now my highest bill in summer has never been
higher than $80 but no one is home during day. It depends how low you keep your thermostat of course.
My floors crunch and creak in certain parts but its not due to humidity. Doesn't matter if its winter or summer they make noises so do my closet doors, they just pop for no reason in the middle of the night. Haunted maybe, we are built where a hospital was so maybe its all the thousands ghosts of those who died there. LOL

I hear popping noises too! Sometimes it sounds like the blinds are banging and then other times it sounds like the vent fan is popping. I can't figure it out. I've forgotten that the Wellesley hospital was around here. I joke to people that it must be the ghosts but it may be true now. Yikes!

need advice

I hear popping noises too! Séometimes it sounds like the blinds are banging and then other times it sounds like the vent fan is popping. I can't figure it out. I've forgotten that the Wellesley hospital was around here. I joke to people that it must be the ghosts but it may be true now. Yikes!
I recently tried to change a light fixture in my den and after I had installed the new fixture I have no current in my den or bedroom. I have switched the light fixture back to the original and have even tired reversing the connections but nothing I do will restore the current. Help!

My floors crunch and creak in certain parts but its not due to humidity. Doesn't matter if its winter or summer they make noises so do my closet doors, they just pop for no reason in the middle of the night.

I have found the quality of the flooring that Times Group used for my floor is extremely poor. I suspect your floors pop for this reason.

I am also unhappy with my closet doors due to their poor quality. I am planning to replace them with good quality doors.

Maintenance Fees increase?

I heard a rumour that our maintenance fees will be going up in December. Does anybody have any more information? I am curious how the Times Group management will attempt to justify the increase.

Has anyone heard anything about the entry system? has the part arrived yet that they were waiting for? also Our flooring seems to be fine now, guess it likes this time of year.

Doesn't this building have a central heating/cooling plant?

No it doesn't.

Does each unit have electric heat?
Is there an A/C compressor on everyones balcony?
How do you get A/C?

Wow! That sounds awful. I don't hear conversation but I do hear the person above me drop things or drag furniture which gets very annoying if you want to take a nap. I complained once and was told they were renovating so I let that go. I also hear piano playing quite often lately. I'm not sure if it's one of the neighbours beside me but I'm assuming it must be loud for me to hear it. Other than that my next door neighbours are very quiet. The worst noise comes from the gym when the guys drop their weights on the floor instead of the rubber mats. It reverberates way up the floors. It sounds like an earthquake.

Wow! That sounds awful. I don't hear conversation but I do hear the person above me drop things or drag furniture which gets very annoying if you want to take a nap. I complained once and was told they were renovating so I let that go. I also hear piano playing quite often lately. I'm not sure if it's one of the neighbours beside me but I'm assuming it must be loud for me to hear it. Other than that my next door neighbours are very quiet. The worst noise comes from the gym when the guys drop their weights on the floor instead of the rubber mats. It reverberates way up the floors. It sounds like an earthquake.
The entire gym floor has a rubber floor, what I think is making that noise is when they lift the bench to an incline position, which is quite loud if you don't hold it while moving which most don't do.
I do hear my neighbor when he's on the phone in his bedroom and when he comes home late. Our bedrooms are back to back, thank god he hasn't had a wild night of sex (yet).

Does each unit have electric heat?
Is there an A/C compressor on everyones balcony?
How do you get A/C?
Every unit has one or more HVAC (heating and a/c) electrical systems. I have 2 since its a larger unit (which I think is stupid). I don't know how this works but we don't have any compressors in balconies. There must be a common one which all the units are attached to.

Back