I agree that the benches make noise but the noise that I hear sounds like, "kaklunk kaklunk kaklunk," but louder like a couple of 70lb dumbbells being dropped. If that floor is considered rubber it is not the standard flooring used for a gym to absorb sound. Those rinky dinky black mats under the benches should be all over the weight room area. It is standard to have several inches of thick rubber mats in free weight areas in gyms.

I bet you that you're hearing dumbells being put back onto the rack. We can talk to Roseanne about padding the rack with rubber... an easy fix.

No sound issues for me. Generally, the only noises I hear are people in the hallway, which I don't mind. It keeps me in the loop. Everyone I have spoken to has been pretty happy with the sound-proofing. I have never lived in a building before, so I expected worse.

I bet you that you're hearing dumbells being put back onto the rack. We can talk to Roseanne about padding the rack with rubber... an easy fix.

No sound issues for me. Generally, the only noises I hear are people in the hallway, which I don't mind. It keeps me in the loop. Everyone I have spoken to has been pretty happy with the sound-proofing. I have never lived in a building before, so I expected worse.

No. I don't believe that I'm hearing dumbbells on the rack. A week ago, I heard someone incessantly making a loud thud sound for a couple of minutes straight. A few days ago, the same noise occurred around 8 or 9pm. I use free weights also and I know how loud they can get when you slam them to the floor. I go to another gym and it's the same sounds that I hear there. It always happens when a guy decides to throw his weights on the floor. What thunder. That's why I make the extra effort to control my wts. which also gives me a better workout. Anyway, whenever it gets to unbearable decibels here at the condo, I call the concierge and he has been very good about telling them to use the rubber mats. It stops after that.

Now that our HVAC system has been checked and filters replaced, how do we know that they fixed any problems that we have been experiencing? The person above me, below me and myself have been experiencing leaking of our A/C units during the summer months. How do we know that this won't keep repeating itself next year. The guys fixing the A/C told me that our whole line is a mess. Aren't we still under the Tarion warranty to have them replaced?

I also don't like the superintendent in my place. He never respects my property. There has to be a set of rules that he should follow stating that he's coming into your place and after eg. phone call from concierge and written letter of incident . I don't want to come home one day to feel like an intruder was in my unit.

The guys fixing the A/C told me that our whole line is a mess. Aren't we still under the Tarion warranty to have them replaced?

I think Tarion should still replace them at this point in time if it is needed.
Your feedback from the A/C experts makes me wonder what the builder actually got right when they were building it!?! So many issues.

I also don't like the superintendent in my place. He never respects my property. There has to be a set of rules that he should follow stating that he's coming into your place and after eg. phone call from concierge and written letter of incident . I don't want to come home one day to feel like an intruder was in my unit.

Email Beth and ask her to tell you what the policy is regarding entry of our homes. Maybe she can send it out to the entire building. If not, perhaps you could post it here.
I understand they need to beable to enter our homes in emergency situations, and I don't see an issue with that. However, you are right, there has to be a procedure in place and they have to explain that procedure to us.
If they enter your suite in violation of the stated procedure, call the police and charge them with tresspassing and/or B&E, as applicable.

I think Tarion should still replace them at this point in time if it is needed.
Your feedback from the A/C experts makes me wonder what the builder actually got right when they were building it!?! So many issues.

Email Beth and ask her to tell you what the policy is regarding entry of our homes. Maybe she can send it out to the entire building. If not, perhaps you could post it here.
I understand they need to beable to enter our homes in emergency situations, and I don't see an issue with that. However, you are right, there has to be a procedure in place and they have to explain that procedure to us.
If they enter your suite in violation of the stated procedure, call the police and charge them with tresspassing and/or B&E, as applicable.

I spoke to Roseanne today and she said the A/C guys did a thorough cleaning of all the lines from top to bottom. However, I said that we won't know if it worked to solve the problem until next summer when we turn the A/C on again. She shrugged and said that she budgeted for any future repairs.

The A/C leaks were considered an emergency at the time. As long as our lives aren't at risk like a fire, someone should make a phone call to say that they are coming in and they should send us some sort of incident report to explain work done, etc...This verifies things and is professional unlike what the superintendent did in my case. He knocked. I didn't answer because I wasn't expecting anyone and he proceeded to use the master keys to get in. I nearly flipped.

Has anyone else noticed people letting their dogs into the small garden at the front of the building on Sherbourne? As I was walking around from the South stairs last week and today I found people letting their dogs into the garden to defecate and urinate. I had asked both times if people would please take their pets elsewhere to do that. I don't care to have my building's garden used as a community toilet.

This verifies things and is professional unlike what the superintendent did in my case. He knocked. I didn't answer because I wasn't expecting anyone and he proceeded to use the master keys to get in. I nearly flipped.

I recall you detailing this story on the board when it happened. I don't think I realized then that you were home at the time, I thought you had come home to find a big mess.
I would have totally flipped too if I was home alone and someone just unlocked my door and walked in!!!!!!!! What a terrible experience.

Has anyone else noticed people letting their dogs into the small garden at the front of the building on Sherbourne? As I was walking around from the South stairs last week and today I found people letting their dogs into the garden to defecate and urinate. I had asked both times if people would please take their pets elsewhere to do that. I don't care to have my building's garden used as a community toilet.

I haven't noticed, but I am glad you said something to them when you noticed.

From what I've heard, the A/C problems will be rolled up in the Performance Audit and submitted to Tarion as a claim.

My personal feeling is that the developer did not clean out the lines after construction.

There is going to be a second community meeting for 159 Wellesley (old beaver gas station) on Monday, November 21st from 6pm-9pm @ 525 Bloor East (the church).

This development breaks two regulations in the newest Tall Buildings Downtown Project:

"Regulation #9: Locate and access parking, loading, service areas, and utilities primarily from a lane or at the rear of the building so as not to conflict with pedestrian-oriented activities. "

AND most importantly

"Regulation #13: Sites that are too small to permit a tower with the required setbacks on all sides (“Small Sites”) are not appropriate for tall buildings. Small Sites are generally those sites that are less than 45m by 45m for a mid-block site or 45m by 35m for a corner site. A building on a Small Site may only be constructed to the permitted Base Height of the street on which it fronts, above which a 45 degree angular plane may be used for additional levels set back from the street and the side and rear property lines. "

The site is about 35m X 35m: a "small site".

My HVAC is blowing out a weird smell, kind of like an old radiator or saw dust. I had to air out my unit for a 1/2 hour. I don't know if it's dust or some other toxin. It's not a fresh air scent. Is this normal? It's coming out of the ceiling vents. I'm worried that I need to buy an air purifier because of it so that I don't get health problems down the road. Any ideas?

There is going to be a second community meeting for 159 Wellesley (old beaver gas station) on Monday, November 21st from 6pm-9pm @ 525 Bloor East (the church).

How was the meeting?

My HVAC is blowing out a weird smell, kind of like an old radiator or saw dust. I had to air out my unit for a 1/2 hour. I don't know if it's dust or some other toxin. It's not a fresh air scent. Is this normal? It's coming out of the ceiling vents. I'm worried that I need to buy an air purifier because of it so that I don't get health problems down the road. Any ideas?

I haven't had that smell. It definitely isn't normal. I hope it was temporary, perhaps due to maintenance, and has gone away. If it hasn't, tell the office they need to look into it.

Maintenance fees
I just found out today that they will be going up December 1, 2011 :(
A little more notice, and a little less increase would have been nice.

I haven't had that smell. It definitely isn't normal. I hope it was temporary, perhaps due to maintenance, and has gone away. If it hasn't, tell the office they need to look into it.

Maintenance fees
I just found out today that they will be going up December 1, 2011 :(
A little more notice, and a little less increase would have been nice.

The fumes are poisonous. I assumed that it was from the heating system but it's actually from the bathroom exhaust fan. I don't have it turned on and it's been spewing horrible and intense smoke. It was choking me. I've complained and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed. I've had to tape a plastic bag with painters tape so that it would cover it in the meantime. I'm very frustrated and angry about this. It's now been 1 week and the management office, Reza and the superintendent are all very nonchalant about it all. Meanwhile, they go ahead and raise the maintenance fees by over 12%! I should get a reduction in my maintenance fees with all the problems that I've experienced. How about they pay for my hotel room until they fix this?

Back