News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The Lobbyist Registry indicates that sometime of development plan is being examined for the above site.

1674762684832.png

This is the site of an existing high-end rental building in the Summerhill neighbourhood just south-east of St. Clair and Yonge.

Site as is:

1674762773974.png

Aerial:

1674763094889.png

Notes:

Site is adjacent to 1303 Yonge (Cineplex HQ redevelopment).

Site is directly above the tunnel/cut for the Line 1 Subway.

The existing building is over 25s.

My expectation here is that this is another 25 St. Mary type play. The building is sited dead in the middle of the plot of land with the majority currently devoted to landscape and amenity. If redeveloped there is sufficient room for 2 towers.

However, as with St. Mary, I expect a significant height increase would be required to make the numbers work.

Starlight has generally favoured as-of-right zoning and tucking in new townhomes or lowrise on its site. This doesn't seem like that to me. Though, there is probably sufficient room to tuck a few townhomes in at the fringes of the site while leaving what's extant.

Tower height precedents here for residential suggest to me, something in the low 40s is plausible and that should be workable on a 2-tower plan.

It's either very big or very small, as there is insufficient room to add any additional towers to the current site (while preserving the existing) given separation distance requirements.

Last edited:

Back