News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I don't live there, but based on what I've seen in ZIP @ Battery Park I have been impressed by both the Monarch's level of finishing and well laid out floorplans (wide + shallow, plenty of windows) .... exterior architecture is very basic, but interior is outstanding

location wise, Liberty Village is one of those tranforming areas going in the right direction, I believe it is 'investment worthy'

The interior of the units might be well done, but the exteriors are hideous, the lobbies bad and their resale value is substantially less than other projects in the area. That being said, if you wanted to invest to rent, then those lower property values would be a bonus as the rent you could charge doesn't really change depending on the building (althought there are certain exceptional cases like the Toy Factory Lofts).

I live in the building. It does have its design issues (lacklustre exterior, labyrinthine parking lot etc.) but I am delighted with my unit and so are the neighbours I've chatted with.

I disagree with Simuls re: resale value. Our units definitely sell for less than Toy Factory, for example. But that's because we also paid much less for them. Even with the economic slump, units in 80 Western Battery have been selling quickly and at decent (but not inflated) prices. There have even been a few bidding wars from what I understand.

It's a very nice building with good ammenities and, better yet, good people.

Also, there seems to be a high demand to rent 1 bedrooms and bachelors in it. I've seen several internal postings from people looking to rent.

Back