1720381004370.png

1720381009241.png

1720381028912.png

Attachments

• 1720381004418.png
    1720381004418.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
First phase will be the north tower, furthest from the station. I assume they'll start there to shuffle tenants into the podium before renovation the bread factory and demolishing the rest.

Speculations on SSP and their website is that they may start this year.

So what’s stopping developers from crossing the 40 story mark? The little italy area shouldn’t have restrictions or am I wrong?

So what’s stopping developers from crossing the 40 story mark? The little italy area shouldn’t have restrictions or am I wrong?
I believe that wanting a quicker approval process instead of dealing with the city for at least another year is a major issue. But I do agree, there is no view plane west of the CBD, so nothing should prevent a tower going to the 40 or even 50 story mark. I personally believe that much of the areas surrounding Line 1 and 2 should be zoned up to 50 storys and give that extra flexibility to the housing market.

These will be pretty good to see go up. Happy to see we're getting a few projects breaking ground in the next few months.

I believe that wanting a quicker approval process instead of dealing with the city for at least another year is a major issue. But I do agree, there is no view plane west of the CBD, so nothing should prevent a tower going to the 40 or even 50 story mark. I personally believe that much of the areas surrounding Line 1 and 2 should be zoned up to 50 storys and give that extra flexibility to the housing market.
I agree. It makes zero sense to focus on height beside any LRT station. Allow density up to 55 stories, and let developers go for it if they want to. Anything higher, I can see why they want to review it, but there needs to be a higher point where they shouldn't be discussing heights at any point (55 and below).

At a certain height, it becomes more expensive to build than what they could sell it for.
I've heard that before, but it seems like Ottawa is the only major city that has these limits. Why is that?
These will be pretty good to see go up. Happy to see we're getting a few projects breaking ground in the next few months.
For sure. It looked like we were going to fall into a slump. but then Dream started, Renaissance is starting up again, this one and Brigil Catherine may very well start this year, all of them would comfortably be top 10 tallest in Ottawa five years ago.
I agree. It makes zero sense to focus on height beside any LRT station. Allow density up to 55 stories, and let developers go for it if they want to. Anything higher, I can see why they want to review it, but there needs to be a higher point where they shouldn't be discussing heights at any point (55 and below).
Agreed.

I've heard that before, but it seems like Ottawa is the only major city that has these limits. Why is that?

For sure. It looked like we were going to fall into a slump. but then Dream started, Renaissance is starting up again, this one and Brigil Catherine may very well start this year, all of them would comfortably be top 10 tallest in Ottawa five years ago.

Agreed.
Which I am honestly really happy to see, very glad we got to avoid a slump. We still have a few more that could possibly be in the pipeline this year too too (1047 Richmond, and Granite Curling Club).

Back