8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

christiesplits

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey, hey, long time lurker first time poster. Any uni students here? Just interested in the age composition of the forum. As a 20 yo I hope I'm not the baby.

Matt

Did my undergraduate degree there. You spend your time downtown or Loyola?

I usually spend my time in the downtown one ( that's closer to where I live ) but three times a week I go to the loyola campus for my Chemistry class. How about you ?

elitists! bunch of liberal pinkos!

everything i learned, i learned from joe the plumber & joe-six-pack. i'm a maverick! you betcha!

I usually spend my time in the downtown one ( that's closer to where I live ) but three times a week I go to the loyola campus for my Chemistry class. How about you ?

My program was located at SGW downtown, but I often ended up at Loyola for my electives. As for living space, I rented in NDG and lower Westmount (had an utterly fantastic and cheap apartment there). And while studying at Concordia, I worked for a while at McGill.

I visited the downtown campus recently and it was great to see how it has improved. I was in my last year when the J.W. McConnell Library building opened, and that was a huge improvement. Before that there was this awful library in the gloomy Norris building (now fixed up).

Chemistry connection: One of my chemistry professors, Michael Hogben, was murdered by Valery Fabrikant.

I'm 26 and still haven't completed my bachelors, but currently working at a university and trying to get into a program that will allow me to go back tuition free next year. We'll see if it works... If not, I'll be stuck with this 2 yr degree when I've spent most my career at a 4 yr university.

^Admittedly part of my problem is that I didn't want a 4 year degree from the names of the universities in the state I grew up in or the reputation it'd bring.

Amazing, I've just read 2 days ago about the shooting that occured back in 1992 at concordia, on the 9th floor of the H building ( that's were I have my buildign engineering class by the way ). What a coincidence.

I used to live in the plateau, but my apartment buildign burned down last April. I've lost everything I had. Now I'm living really close to the SGW campus, at the corner of Guy and Lincoln exactly.

I think in couple month, they will be done with their latest building, the John Molson School of Business. That will give a new look to the downtown campus.

By the way, where do you live now ? Are you still living in Montreal ?

Amazing, I've just read 2 days ago about the shooting that occured back in 1992 at concordia, on the 9th floor of the H building ( that's were I have my buildign engineering class by the way ). What a coincidence.

I used to live in the plateau, but my apartment buildign burned down last April. I've lost everything I had. Now I'm living really close to the SGW campus, at the corner of Guy and Lincoln exactly.

I think in couple month, they will be done with their latest building, the John Molson School of Business. That will give a new look to the downtown campus.

By the way, where do you live now ? Are you still living in Montreal ?

Sorry to hear about the fire! The Plateau is a great neighbourhood - and a far cry from what it was twenty years ago. Your new location is excellent for downtown life.

The Concordia shooting was shocking, coming just a few years after the horrific École Polytechnique massacre.

Good to hear that the campus is still evolving. When I was there, the place was quite run down, but it had a character all of its own. One thing I really liked about Concordia was how so many of the students were part-time and were returning to university in their adult years - many taking night courses to complete their degrees.

As for the Hall Building, it'll never be a looker. It used to have many nicknames, including the Henry F. Mall building, the Henry F*ck-all building and the Borg ship. The lobby was commonly referred to as the airport.

As for me, Toronto is home now.

I'm 26 and still haven't completed my bachelors, but currently working at a university and trying to get into a program that will allow me to go back tuition free next year. We'll see if it works... If not, I'll be stuck with this 2 yr degree when I've spent most my career at a 4 yr university.

That's probably part of your migration challenge. As per my knowledge it's usually only Bachelor's degrees that get recognized for any real credit with migration....

Back