39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Agreed, Alex! The Markville renovations were announced some time ago but no word on when they might start.

Liked it a lot better when the project had design integrity. The new railings look awful, cheap, and have little relation to anything else.

Looks better

Liked it a lot better when the project had design integrity. The new railings look awful, cheap, and have little relation to anything else.

I was there last Saturday and noticed the railings has the glass instead of steel bars. Looks better in general, but not as major changes as I noticed in Fairview Mall or Yorkdale when they did the major renovation. I hope I will see the major change in Markville Mall.

They should have gone all the way in the renovation. This is a building that doesn't work with piecemeal renovations.

I was disappointed by the removal of signature architectural elements when this started, but I think now it's looking pretty good. I do hope they bring in some significant greenery, not those poor scruffy ficuses that were struggling in there.

I like the renos. As I didn't think much was needed to begin with, this is just right.

Back