News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

What are the odds this could lead to better singage on the building? Could a change in ownership have an effect on that sort of thing? At any rate, it's good news.

Or......

What are the odds this could lead to better singage on the building? Could a change in ownership have an effect on that sort of thing? At any rate, it's good news.

We could just have the whole thing torn down. This thing is a colossal eyesore. Personally my fantasy is that they completely reclad it so it isn't so depressing looking.

Unfortunately, recladding it won't fix the horrendous layout. As much as I'd love to see an approach that could keep the place open and avoid more years of "blue hoarding", I think the best is to design a replacement and tear this POS down as soon as they're ready to rebuild.

Last edited:
Imagine a super tower with the profile of the current building as the base.... A 5 or 6 story retail and cinema complex with billboards up to the 9th floor and a 60 story tower above... :rolleyes:

Something like this could realistically gain financing through the construction of the condo. Once designed and approved, tearing the current mess down and rebuilding the retail floors could take about a year or so while the tower portion continues above.

I think the location is the most valuable part of this building and not the building itself. It's worth much more to EPR as a commercial condo property than the current setup.

Is Ryerson still involved with this thing? If so, the new owners will have to take their interest into account and Ryerson may not favour a complete teardown for the near future. Trouble with a short term makeover is the building truly is a pig and we know what you get when you put makeup on a pig.

Back