News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Could we tunnel the PATH through here too at the same time? It's kind of ridiculous how it just ends across the street, 90% of the way to the CN Tower and Skydome, but misses that "last mile". Also, wasn't a streetcar under Bremner part of some plans? Is there room for it after this?

#4 doesn't give much room for greenery to grow around the structure as #1 - #3 do, but at least it'll make use of an otherwise under-used little piece of land for some infrastructure.

I'm not sure how tunnelling anything here will connect to the PATH. The nearest PATH connection is over at York St. for the PWC building or at the end of the Skywalk - and isn't there an Aquarium planned for that space between the Skywalk and the CN Tower? That would certainly be connected to the CN Tower and possibly SkyDome...er, sorry the Red Telecom Company Centre.

An amazing infrastructure project to keep the lights burning. What is the project budget.

Fourth option looks weird, others look boring to me. The fourth has some urban attitude though, after some more development it could be cool. So #4.

Interesting and necessary - but too bad it has to be right at this location. The gentle slope and openness of the corner, looking up the the roundhouse and providing access to the park (at one point, does it still do that?) I thought was a nice touch.

I suppose it keeps the industrial spirit of the area alive. But won't it wall in the entrance of the John street intersection, with the Pumping station right across the street?

I was hoping that the Windsor substation would be buried as part of the 300 Front W condo project. The land in that area is so valuable, it makes no sense to waste it on a hydro transformer.

Great stuff. I hope "take the Windsor station completely offline and refurbish its infrastructure, bringing it up to modern standards" means removing that eyesore and burying as much as possible, similar to the Bremner project.

Heritage Toronto is not involved on this project that is Heritage Preservation Services which monitors any planning or projects involving heritage buildings.

Back