40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
It all looks quite lovely but WTF were they thinking with the racing stripes on the granite rock? It almost looks like vandalism, or really ugly gift wrapping. I hope they're removable.

Red and white candy stripes... Canada's Sugar Beach... get it? :) Yeah, I know... at first glance, I thought the same thing. But I think it's better than just a rock. Otherwise, people will look at it as a big giant rock stuck there.

It's an odd combination having an office building, concrete walkway, and a beach squeezed in. But with so little space to work with, it's definitely innovative and certainly a great example of mixed used space.

I'm definitely going to want to check it out so I can appreciate it more.

The park looks great. I'm surprised, unpleasantly, by their lighting choice. A walkway on a signature park project and they chose regular street lights?

wow, this is looking quite impressive... they've pulled it off nicely. Really digging the diagonal orientation with the bank towers as a view terminus! The only detail that doesnt quite work though for me is the treeless hill of grass (though perhaps it isnt quite complete yet) Gets me excited to look forward to the completion of the entire eastern bayfront!

It looks stunning, but please tell me those street lights on the path are going to be removed.

The park looks great. I'm surprised, unpleasantly, by their lighting choice. A walkway on a signature park project and they chose regular street lights?

Seeing those street lights along what's supposed to be an intimate pedestrian setting is definitely a WTF? moment.

Beach or a sand park near water? To me it seems a beach implies you can swim in some water as well.

Posted in the thread, but I'll put a quick comment here, too. It's not open today, security seemed to think that it would be for the weekend.

very nice looking, can't wait to use it.

The first three pics strangly looks like it belongs in some suburban office park -- I'd guess it's because the photos look so deserted, with no people and no city in the background.

We walked by the park earlier today but it does not appear to be open. Fenced off on all sides except the Corus driveway, which had a car parked across it and a security guard standing beside it. We saw him turning away some cyclists, so didn't bother trying to get in. Shame, but what we saw through the fences looked pretty darned nice! Steady progress on nearby Sherbourne Park (er, "Common") as well.

This is great, I really like the end result. I do share the sentiment regarding the streetlights though, and in the future as the trees grow they'll become quite enveloped and blocked out. Even Corus is looking pretty great now that its finishing details are evident, and the lands surrounding it are being finished.

I can't wait to see the entire east end looking like this. Next up: Sherbourne Par... Commons.

I like it a lot... however... WHY DID THEY USE THOSE STREET LIGHTS? Ugh.

Back