News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Edward, I'm planning a trip down there in about half an hour. I'll see if the fencing it still up.

I just got back from. Sorry, no camera. :(

It sure doesn't seem open, so as I approached the gate I asked 3 white hats who were standing around, and one said "sure, go on in". I replied "I heard that it's opening today", to which he just shrugged his shoulders. I don't think he knew or cared.

Once in, it seemed pretty nice. The good included the fake grass field, which feels bizarre under the feet, and the LED light fixtures (which look like something from a Tim Burton movie) which I was told by another worker will light up the Maple trees west of the ramp to the canoe. Watching traffic from the Canoe was nice, however I couldn't help but catch a glimpse beyond the road, in the slivers between the condos, a lovely, still lake, and a beautifully tree lined island. Ah, well.

The bad included that there was already a smashed beer bottle (Amsertdam) in the canoe. So it begins.
Also, one of the giant fishing bobbers is already rusting quite badly (enough to stain the concrete beneath it). Not a good sign at all. If these things are just going to rust away, It would be better that they're just removed.

Nice report, thanks Dilla. I would hope that once the park gets going, the city staff will be diligent in removing trash from the Canoe and environs. However, I share your concern with the bobbers. Hopefully something can be done because they should not be rusting this early in their lives.

Back