40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sexy! Considering there's another 10 floors to go this is really going to dominate MCC. More please!

These towers really should be located on the Toronto waterfront where they would get the attention they deserve and create a much needed architectural jolt to our present "build em boxy" catatonia. No offence to Missy, but they're just wasted out there.

They are not wasted in Mississauga at all: they will be instrumental in making a place out of it.

Now that Mississauga has tasted the golden honey, they're not going to let up. I think that the city is going to insist on beautiful architecture to attract new residents and businesses to the core. If they keep this up, Toronto is going to want to catch up and a little competition always benefits everybody.

These towers really should be located on the Toronto waterfront where they would get the attention they deserve and create a much needed architectural jolt to our present "build em boxy" catatonia. No offence to Missy, but they're just wasted out there.

Agreed.

I couldn't disagree more. If Toronto's planners are happy to rubber stamp boring architecture, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. Congratulations to Mississauga for actually requiring a higher standard of architecture from its developers. I can only hope that Toronto will learn from this experience. Until then, it is only fitting for these buildings to be erected in Mississauga.

Back