40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
They should have placed this condo along lakeshore in Toronto not in Miss. It would have been a great tourist draw.

Toronto has enough great projects of its own going on. Why is it that some Torontonians think that everything that looks cool only belongs in Toronto? Toronto had it's dream, It's time to wake up.

I agree, I'm glad Mississauga is getting something like this, it's about time for one of Canada's largest cities to get an identity of its own.
Though I would love something similar in Toronto.. Keyword: similar, not the exact same.

These buildings are turning out better than I expected. Great pictures.

My only complaint are the townhouses. I'm all for a well pedestrianized base but this is one instance where the project would have benefited by NOT having them.
You could appreciate the whole of the towers more without the townhouse add-ons (and they do look like they were tacked on because of a municipal regulation or something).

Given the amount of traffic on that street, there's no taming it and townhouses won't do it.
They could have gone with an open plaza instead and forget trying to Vancouverize the street. She's a gonner already.

Yes, I'm jealous that Mississauga got these towers instead of Toronto... but instead of lamenting that those beautiful towers are not in Toronto, lament the UGLY BOXY buildings that other developers foist on the city, and that city council allows to be built. I live just down around the corner from the Aura, and I hope the architecture lives up to the height hype.

If these towers bring people to Mississauga city centre for an evening out, then good on them! Square One isn't a bad destination, and it's nice to have a spectacular bit of architecture to gaze upon from the parking lot.

Logan: The structure (designed by Ma Yansong) in-between tower 4 and 5 are not townhouses, the ground level floor consists of about 10 retail/commercial units, all of which have been sold, and the 2nd and 3rd floors are single floor condo units accessible via tower 5.

Per the render, I think they fit in rather well but we'll see when it's all said and done:)

Toronto has enough great projects of its own going on. Why is it that some Torontonians think that everything that looks cool only belongs in Toronto? Toronto had it's dream, It's time to wake up.

Ah When you compare T.O to London, Seoul, New York, Dubai, Sydney,Shanghai, Chicago etc you think T.O is cool?
The Absolute is the closest we will ever get to these cities. Our only hope now are the ICE condos, unless something unique is built in 2020. If you travel outside Canada you will see what cool is about.

Last edited:
Ah When you compare T.O to London, Seoul, New York, Dubai, Sydney,Shanghai, Chicago etc you think T.O is cool?
The Absolute is the closest we will ever get to these cities. Our only hope now are the ICE condos, unless something unique is built in 2020. If you travel outside Canada you will see what cool is about.

Yes, and yet Toronto is still one of the top places to visit in Canada, and the world...hmm. my point is, what's good for Mississauga and the rest of the GTA, is good for Toronto and vice versa. Absolute was built in Mississauga because MISSISSAUGA decided to have an international competition to design a landmark building, not Toronto. Mississauga chose the final design, not Toronto. as such, why should Toronto have these buildings? As lorax1284 said "... instead of lamenting that those beautiful towers are not in Toronto, lament the UGLY BOXY buildings that other developers foist on the city, and that city council allows to be built."
nuff said.

I moved from London (UK) to Toronto because Toronto already IS cool. Some people here just seem to have an inferiority complex about this city!

I'm referring to building designs UK (swiss re building, Shards) vs Toronto and nothing else !

Back