News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

"ghetto"... that sounds derogatory.

I think they suit the other buildings... maybe some landscaping will help though.

I walked by this building up close the other day. Height and massing is good, but I think it's got some drawbacks in the looks department.
The white precast isn't showing things at an advantage. It doesn't look very clean or precise. The base, especially, hasn't been well treated, with slit windows, clumsy precast and limited visibility. The green walls generously shown around the base in the renderings are nowhere to be seen.
Maybe there's more detailing to be done which will improve things - railings, for one, which might help the composition cohere, and more glass.

As for the rest of the neighbourhood - so far, the new developments are looking great. It's night and day down there, from what was there before.

Last edited:
Quote: "The Daniels Corporation has mixed market value and subsidized housing here"

I'm confused , are these town-homes, which were built by Daniels (not TCHC) Rental or Condo :confused: If they are condo how can there be subsidized housing within the same row of town homes :confused:

For the existing Regent park tenants being moved into these brand new 5 bedroom town-homes this must seem like winning the lottery.

Peepers from what I understand, there are several similar complexes with multiple units in each complex, each one of them is either for rental or for market sale. So I don't think there will be mixing of renters and owners in one building. Not sure how the previous Regent Park renters would get into which unit or the condos, but I'd prefer the townhomes myself, very spiffy!

Back